• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Hourihane (Grealish 45)
    • Adomah (El Ghazi 66)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Kodjia 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/08/18 at 18:45

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

1 goal from 21 attempts is the problem today.

True, we’re wasting too many chances. But too many of those 21 attempts were hail mary shots from poor positions.

• Like 2

Most of those efforts were stupid shots from distance. It's almost like one up front at home against Reading didn't lead to us creating many real chances. 

Still, one point closer to safety. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I thought it was ok. Need to take more of our chances though, and need to have the energy we show in patches more consistently.

Overall I think we’ve deserved more than 3 Points from the last 3 games, but 9 overall is about right. 

4 Points more before the Intetnational break would be a decent start.

No, it really wouldn't. You cant get 4 points from 1 game for a start as the international break is after the next game.

We havent played anyone who will finish top half apart from perhaps Brentford.

Bruce got a very lucky start with a kind fixture list, but it means the rest of the season will be harder. We've picked up 9 points from 5 games and need to win the next game just to get back to the magical 2 points per game average, so we have already reached the must win stage and all we've played is rubbish teams -  and only played well in 1 game as well.

You could argue that we've only picked up 3 points from the last 9 available - thats relegation form. 

On the train home now. Very frustrating afternoon. Such a one sided game but we sort of got what we deserved for not killing it off. We had so many chances! Most criminal for me was Adomah getting into good positions and having two of not three really weak shots at the near post. Kodjia was also too deep/wide at times which meant we didn’t really have a focal point to aim at.

Didn’t look like a pen to me but if you slide in like that when it’s not necessary you give the rubbish refs in this league the opportunity to make a name for themselves. 

Positives:

Nyland didn’t look as shaky as I’ve seen from afar so far. Unlucky to be robbed of his clean sheet at the death.

McGinn is everywhere. Reminded me of Milner the season before he left us. Unbelievable tenacity and a lovely touch to go with it. Voted him motm. He made a couple of mistakes but if his game is always so high octane I’m not surprised at the third game in a week. He will really make us tick this season.

El Ghazi looked very good. Felt he was a bit too quick witted for some of our other players in the first twenty mins but once he’s trained with them more he’s an excellent addition. The cross for the goal was perfect.

Bjarnason had a good game in midfield - more mobile than Whelan - he broke up play well and set us going on attacks too.

Negatives:

The defence is very shaky. I don’t know if it’s due to a lack of trust in the new keeper or due to players out of position or due to Mile not having the best range of passing from CB (he’s great at winning headers though!) I’d play Tuanzebe at CB against Burton and see how he gets on. 

Kodjia - really odd performance as I felt he worked hard but wasn’t really sure what his instructions were - we needed him to play as a centre forward but he ended up playing more in Jack’s role.

Hope Jack’s injury isn’t a bad one and he’ll be back to play Sheff Utd next week.

We should’ve won comfortably today. Very frustrating.

35 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Need more striking options. Hogan and Davis are long term injuries and Kodjia was hopeless today. That just leaves us with McCormack and he isn't going to get a game.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy too, don’t forget

This team lacks conviction.....With the odd player exception.

3 draws on the trot.....simply not good enough.

draws at home are like defeats......we have developed a catalogue of individual errors.

woeful.

What is this failure to position a player up field when we are defending corners......absolutely no chance of an outlet ball......its sheer madness.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

No, it really wouldn't. You cant get 4 points from 1 game for a start as the international break is after the next game.

We havent played anyone who will finish top half apart from perhaps Brentford.

Bruce got a very lucky start with a kind fixture list, but it means the rest of the season will be harder. We've picked up 9 points from 5 games and need to win the next game just to get back to the magical 2 points per game average, so we have already reached the must win stage and all we've played is rubbish teams -  and only played well in 1 game as well.

You could argue that we've only picked up 3 points from the last 9 available - thats relegation form. 

Indeed there is only one game I had Burton in my head.

In which case, 3 points from 1 game would be a decent start.

Frustrating. Reading were utterly useless and we should have put the game away in the first half- but how many times have we said that? Again some good play today but last season we would have played worse than that and won the game. I can't knock Chester really as he had a good game as always but  he did not need to go to ground for the penalty. I still don't think it was a penalty but it gave the ref a opportunity to decide- not great game management.

Still waiting for that clean sheet. I hope we can produce a big performance next week but it won't be easy.

The issue is not with the fixture list.....it doesn't matter who we play, playing like this.

There are so many faults its untrue.

We keep signing players, but we are getting no more purchase on a game than the ones we let go......Teams are coming to us with supposedly inferior players and getting results.....its pathetic.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Frustrating. Reading were utterly useless and we should have put the game away in the first half- but how many times have we said that? Again some good play today but last season we would have played worse than that and won the game. I can't knock Chester really as he had a good game as always but  he did not need to go to ground for the penalty. I still don't think it was a penalty but it gave the ref a opportunity to decide- not great game management.

Still waiting for that clean sheet. I hope we can produce a big performance next week but it won't be easy.

What’s the difference between an an ambitious ex-premier league team full of highly paid players, mostly lower premier league standard, and a lower championship side treading water.

Nothing. Even when with home advantage.

Â