• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Hourihane (Grealish 45)
    • Adomah (El Ghazi 66)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Kodjia 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/08/18 at 18:45

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Look we were 2 minutes and an idiotic challenge away from 3 points. It’s disappointing but no need for hysterics.

So how many failed promotion attempts with probably the biggest budget in the league do we give him?

• Like 4

No chance of going up dropping points at home like this early on. It’s what has cost us the last two years. 

Why on earth did he take El Ghazi off? He was playing quite well and looked our only threat. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Look we were 2 minutes and an idiotic challenge away from 3 points. It’s disappointing but no need for hysterics.

Others have pointed it out as well, but Reading are widely tipped as struggling this season. We really should have been out of sight against this lot at home if we have any designs on promotion this season. This result is nowhere near good enough. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

But it was a defensive error that cost us again.

We have not failed to score all season and yet we have not kept a single clean sheet.

Just read my post again. If we had been 2 or 3 up, a late penalty wouldn’t have mattered. You can’t expect to win every match 1-0. We know that Reading can score goals so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. We can’t rely on Kodjia for all our goals - he is a mood player. If we are going to play a possession style this season, we need to convert dominance into goals. 

• Like 1

I thought it was ok. Need to take more of our chances though, and need to have the energy we show in patches more consistently.

Overall I think we’ve deserved more than 3 Points from the last 3 games, but 9 overall is about right. 

4 Points more before the Intetnational break would be a decent start.

10 hours ago, terrytini said:

I thought it was ok. Need to take more of our chances though, and need to have the energy we show in patches more consistently.

Overall I think we’ve deserved more than 3 Points from the last 3 games, but 9 overall is about right. 

4 Points more before the Intetnational break would be a decent start.

If we don’t buy a centre half by the end of next week I’ll be firmly in the Bruce out camp as in my opinion we are so shakey at the back literally any team can score against us.  I’m pretty sure Bruce knows this and will address it. If he doesn’t I think he will lose his job by Christmas. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Serves me right for looking forward to a match. Need to see the highlights to see wtf happened for both Reading’s goal line scrambles and the penalty. Didn’t seem any need to go to ground from where I was but that was about as far away as you can get. Can’t knock Chester too much, he doesn’t **** up often. Crushing timing though. I still generally don’t see what our game plan is. A manager’s job is to make a team greater than the sum of its parts, and ours simply doesn’t do that. 

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

This squad is more than good enough to get us up. This manager isnt.

I don't think it's that clear. Our keepers are suspect and our defense is atrocious. Both are the manager's fault of course, but he doesn't even admit/recognise the problems.

Edited by AVTuco

It was all a bit safe and sensible, at times it was a little lazy - other than McGinn there didn't seem to be much drive, weak in terms of the pressing we put on the opposition - it was almost a case of "We're better than these" (which we undoubtedly were) "so if we play sensibly we'll win".

We were a bit half arsed, but we still deserved the win - you don't get what you deserve though, you get what you take. We need a lot more killer instinct.

• Like 3

Soft underbelly punished again, we got away with it a couple of times before they eventually scored. Felt the passing was a bit laboured at times, especially in the first half where everything seemed to be underhit.  Kodjia looked desperate in the last fifteen, dunno whether he was knackered or injured but he could hardly move. 

Plus points were the new lad, looks lively if a bit one footed. Thor and McGinn played well in the middle and nice to see a bit of strength coming off the bench, I felt Hourihane and Adomah made great contributions. 

7 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

You don't make "keeping it tight" the number one plan when you have far better players than the vast majority of your opposition. You don't rely on luck or a knock-down "falling your way". Bruce's "tactics" are geared towards leveling the playing field rather than enhancing the considerable weapons we have at this level. I hope the decision is made before we're cut adrift.

You are spot on. Spot on. It is obvious. I cannot believe that people are still behind him. We are AVFC. He is very clever at lowering expectation but it is our job as supporters to ensure that we do not accept this! We should finish top 2 this season. No excuses.

• Like 3

I really don't know how Kodja lasted as long as he did. Should have been subbed around the 70-75 mark. 

Instead of Taylor coming on, RHM should have come on for his pace and to try and win the game 2-0. 

I'd be much happier drawing 1-1 whilst trying to win the game, instead of desperately trying to protect a 1-0 lead against a shit team.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â