Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Jedinak or Chester were marking nobody. 

The man was closer to Chester and Whelan than Jedinak.

For Jedinak to mark him he would have had to have come across further to the right than Chester was.

My point is who or what was jedinak marking? He was absolutely nowhere.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

There was nobody for him to mark.

The man was Whelan and then Chester's. They **** it up between them.

All the ball, plenty of attacking possession, but because we have 7 defensively minded players on the pitch we can't do anything with it.  Due to a significant percentage of those 7 being not good enough and/or playing out of position they can't defend either

Grealish still looking a class above.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

As soon as we get in the final 3rd we just look clueless. **** knows what Bruce does in training all week other than just getting the players to practice passing it to Grealish.

Sits in his office and gorge on donner meat

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

like i said he wasnt the deepest man...chester ran even deeper, running further away from the brentford player, when the ball drops its on chester's side not jedinaks, for jedinak to win that ball he has to cover and run across chester, thats not happening is it?

out of the back 4 jedinak is the least to blame for that goal

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I wish we would try and play the ball through the middle a bit more. The bloody crosses are doing my head in. We've got Grealish and McGinn and we shouldn't just use them to sit in midfield and constantly play it widthie.

This obsession with crosses is getting ridiculous.. We do nothing else. Its so easy for teams to read what we are going to do

• Like 2