Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully the last time I have ever watched this guy start a game.

agreed...unbelievable how bad his finishing was. i know he wasn't the only one but definitely the main culprit tonight

Just now, blunther said:

I can't believe people are having a go at him? Earned a start in the next game. Absolute belter of a free kick that needed a world.class.save and involved in a lot of our good play. Well done Anwar.

Involved in a lot of the play because we gave him a lot of the ball in good areas. Anybody can receive the ball in the final third cut in and clearing in the woods it at every opportunity 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Involved in a lot of the play because we gave him a lot of the ball in good areas. Anybody can receive the ball in the final third cut in and clearing in the woods it at every opportunity 

Seems Watkins isn’t capable of doing that.  He had one shot all game which was pretty shit itself.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

You're too blinkered on him, I'm afraid.  He was good tonight, creative and sharp at getting to the ball.  Unlucky with the free kick and poor finishing otherwise.

That said, I thought he was our second best player.

Ah, he's the designated scapegoat for this season. Sorry, I never realised. I'll bow out of this thread now then. 

Perhaps you should all find his social media if he's got it back and send him some personal abuse just to make sure he knows. 

He didn't have a good game. He just didn't. Jack had a good game. The team had a good game. The team have him the platform to have a shit load of the ball and he wasted it over and over and over again. What chance did he provide? What great passes or cross did he feed anyone?

He was given about 5 passes in the final third where we had dragged everyone away from him.

Did he **** play well

• Like 1

Contributed alot. His technique is obviously based on a childhood of belting static balls becasue it works great for penalties and free kicks but when he's moving it just doesn't work. He was at it in the championship as well, I think he genuinely needs coaching on hitting a moving ball. General play was excellent though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't have a good game. He just didn't. Jack had a good game. The team had a good game. The team have him the platform to have a shit load of the ball and he wasted it over and over and over again. What chance did he provide? What great passes or cross did he feed anyone?

He was given about 5 passes in the final third where we had dragged everyone away from him.

Did he **** play well

He put in the cross that Traore should’ve finished.

Just now, blunther said:

Ah, he's the designated scapegoat for this season. Sorry, I never realised. I'll bow out of this thread now then. 

Perhaps you should all find his social media if he's got it back and send him some personal abuse just to make sure he knows. 

How can you call him the designated scapegoat when this is his first 90 minutes? He missed 8 good chances, he's not the scapegoat he's just not good enough at this level. 

This guy has turned into Davis 2.0 and up front we cant be having that we need scorers.

Now Ghazi did good leading upto the box but the final product was shocking as usual.

We had what close to 30 shots on goal and I think Ghazi easy took a third if not more than them and everyone was a bust.

There were a few players who should of scored like Watkins, traore, Grealish but Grealish had the lions share of chances and its unforgivable in his second season in this league. Every time Ghazi got on the ball me and my son would say here were go again, were expecting it from him now all the time.

Smith should of subbed Ghazi off shortly after halftime for Ramsey I thought.

Â