Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The game against Newcastle where easy chances he created were missed. Against Chelsea first half chances created missed. Also first half he had our first shot on target.  Peaks and Troughs.

Add to that the superb cross against Sheffield United which was missed by Davis.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

No chance. Targett is quality going forward.

He only has been in like 3 games this season. He had been poor since the restart as well. He just keeps loading the ball and not putting any effort into getting back and defending. 

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The game against Newcastle where easy chances he created were missed. Against Chelsea first half chances created missed. Also first half he had our first shot on target.  Peaks and Troughs.

I could argue with the games you mention, but I’ll let it slide........so, 2 games you can think of where you think ElGhazi has “peaked”? Just leaves 29 troughs to contemplate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I could argue with the games you mention, but I’ll let it slide........so, 2 games you can think of where you think ElGhazi has “peaked”? Just leaves 29 troughs to contemplate. 

In addition to the goals and assists he has had. In addition to the other chances he has created.?

P. S I come here to have reasoned debate. Not argue. Look up the definitions sometime. So do enjoy your day.

Edited by Sulberto21

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The Ghazi...I like that.

Technically El Ghazi is also The Ghazi although in Arabic it should be Al Ghazi. The Moroccan darija they speak takes from French Spanish Italian Arabic and the berber language. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably our 2nd best player today behind grealish. Luiz was also brilliant. Yet Smith decides to take our only player who ever looks likely to score or create a chance off (aside from Jack) the pitch when we go behind. What genius coaching right there!

• Like 1

On 26/06/2020 at 10:08, Sulberto21 said:

In addition to the goals and assists he has had. In addition to the other chances he has created.?

P. S I come here to have reasoned debate. Not argue. Look up the definitions sometime. So do enjoy your day.

Needs to stay in the side but also needs to keep performing like he did today. Got forward well, linked up well with grealish, McGinn and luiz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Much better, not sure why he came off, he carried more of a threat than Trezeguet and jota combined, and multiplied by 10.

Another example of shit Smith subs. Aside from Grealish and Hourihane, he is the only player who creates chances for others. Got 4 assists this season and should probably have 8 or 9 if our finishing wasn't so shit. 

• Like 4

He’s had an absolutely awful season. But then, we all knew he would. He played well 4 or 5 times in the championship and someone at the club thought he’d be able to do it week in week out in the premier league.

Madness.

Get rid. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Pre-requisite for a winger is being able to cross the ball.. Maybe AEG would be better Off playing upfront in a weaker league. 

What do you mean? He is a great crosser of the ball, no one attacks the box so no one gets on the end of his crosses. Against Newcastle we should have had 2 from his balls. We Davis should have had a goal against Sheffield from one of his crosses. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What do you mean? He is a great crosser of the ball, no one attacks the box so no one gets on the end of his crosses. Against Newcastle we should have had 2 from his balls. We Davis should have had a goal against Sheffield from one of his crosses. 

I'd back Hause to run up from CB and meet a cross in the box before Davis does tbf

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd back Hause to run up from CB and meet a cross in the box before Davis does tbf

Hause is great at winning aerial duals. His head turns into a 50 pence piece in the opposition box though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Hause is great at winning aerial duals. His head turns into a 50 pence piece in the opposition box though.

The ball never seems to go where we want it to when he wins it in the box with his head. Our CB's have been awful in the opposition box considering the amount of headers they've actually won.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The ball never seems to go where we want it to when he wins it in the box with his head. Our CB's have been awful in the opposition box considering the amount of headers they've actually won.

It really is perplexing. Only one who seems to be good at it is Engels, who somewhat lived up to his previous reputation. 

Â