John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just feel very meh about him now. Would like to see him replaced as captain by Emi and Mings made vice-captain publicly. Get the lad out the for a few weeks and see what he can do from the bench after a bit more time out the limelight. 

He's a very capable player in the right set up. I'm just not sure that we'll be setting up in a way that will compliment him. If it comes to i to, no hard feelings either way and thanks for the memories, best of luck at Brentford or somewhere like that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Hampden I meant. Clearly I am pished. Wife away at Proclaimers in Inverness and I live in Paisley. 

10 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Wife at Proclaimers concert tonight in Inverness and she sent me video of Sunshine of Leith being sung by the popular duo. It brought me back memories of SJM winning his last major honour after humbling Rangers at Ibrox. Still think this is best song, sung by fans after a victory….

Have to agree - what an anthem. Pure emotion.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Thought he still looked extremely replaceable last night. Not seeing it with McGinn this season. He's far too limited when he receives the ball. 

Thata the problem, looks like a fish out of water when he has to think about short intricate passing.

Did ok last night, but still a clear weakness when we tried to play with the ball to feet.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

What position is he actually be playing, He’s a waste of a shirt, can’t stand seeing him start

Right wing though it should be midfield , basically as far away as possible so he doesn't have to touch the ball. Where Bailey is playing in this or Emi , neither of them know.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think he's been o.k actually, could've easily had two assists if Ollie could finish.

Also helped out at the back as Young has been terrible positionally.

I criticise him when he's had a poor game but tonight he's been fine. 

Young should have been off after 20min.  McGinn isn’t the problem in first half 

Trying to play that pass similar to Messi against the Dutch, twice with the same outcome. What a waste.. 

Completely stunts our attacks with the never ending need to take multiple touches before switching with his left. Shockingly one dimensional and non effective. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think he's been o.k actually, could've easily had two assists if Ollie could finish.

Also helped out at the back as Young has been terrible positionally.

I criticise him when he's had a poor game but tonight he's been fine. 

With time and space there is nobody in the team who can deliver like McGinn but again what it got congested or tight his brain and feet don't move quick enough. He will always get a key pass or two because he doesn't have genuine quality from a somewhat dead ball. He killed a lot of possible chances.

Â