John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Awful decision. He shouldn't be a guaranteed starter never mind captain. I'm seriously shocked. 

This decision was made on day one. Going off Gerrard's remarks back then. A real shame. But Tyrone will likely still be here when Gerrard has gone. 

Who knows, he might actually thrive as Captain, and being able to play his natural game further forward.

Different personalities react differently to certain responsibilities I guess.

Henderson is the captain at Liverpool to be fair, and he ain;t a starter really.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Kamara behind Luiz and McGinn then?

Coutinho and Buendia 2 10s and one up top?

4-1-2-2-1? 

I'd be shocked if that's in Gerrards thought process. 

McGinn......good lord, I need a beer. A keg.

• Like 1

I have to say this makes me laugh!!!

for the first time in months I’m one of the least negative posters on this site.  

I don’t care who gets Captain, I don’t think we have an on the pitch leader so don’t care who it is to be honest but all those who banged on that McGinn should be replaced and a weakness in our team and then Gerrard has gone and made him Captain…

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If not McGinn, there are very few alternatives. Villa just doesn't have that type of player at the moment. Maybe in time Kamara but I can't think of any other outfield player that would work as captain. I am not considering Mings as it is clear Gerrard doesn't want Mings as captain and his place in the first 11 is under threat. It doesn't really matter whether people agree with that or not, Gerrard made the decision to replace him as captain so who else is there. It could be argued Emi1 but I am really not a fan of a GK captain

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If not McGinn, there are very few alternatives. Villa just doesn't have that type of player at the moment. Maybe in time Kamara but I can't think of any other outfield player that would work as captain. I am not considering Mings as it is clear Gerrard doesn't want Mings as captain and his place in the first 11 is under threat. It doesn't really matter whether people agree with that or not, Gerrard made the decision to replace him as captain so who else is there. It could be argued Emi1 but I am really not a fan of a GK captain

we are agreeing again, this day just keeps getting better.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to admit I’m surprised by this but I do think McGinn is a decent player that gets a lot of unnecessary stick.  I didn’t see him as captain material though. 

@Zatman is going to be delighted with Gerrard after this 🤣 

To me McGinn is a bang average player in who gets a lot of unnecessary game time, but there you go 😂

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Emi is a leader armband or not - I hope this change means others step up too ok the pitch. 

Guess that means McGinn will start every game...

Funny I believe there are technically a better three players in midfield to choose from, but hey I presume Gerrard knows best.

Perhaps this will be the making of him, I hope so.

Perhaps this equally improves Mings too.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Even more undroppable. Very scary that Gerrard cannot see his faults and limitations.

Does make it interesting if we are still after another CM like Gerrard says.  

Three in the middle….Kamara obviously, Captain McGinn and new CM.  

Does JJ get less game time now? Hmmm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Even more undroppable. Very scary that Gerrard cannot see his faults and limitations.

Why do people believe the captain isn't droppable? Look at Henderson at Liverpool

And when comparing the competition Mings has to that McGinn has. Mings definitely has the more competition for his place

Â