Thierry Henry

TRO

This is a terrible mistake. We made fun of Derby for hiring Lampard. We made fun of blues for hiring Zola. We are now hiring a guy who only ever had one managerial job and that was as an assistant for less than a year. 

This is Bruce's team, so getting a new manager in with no preseason, and no new signings makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

As I said in another thread, these type of markets are very very volatile and will often be suspended with little to no substance. It wouldn't take a lot of money for them to suspend the market.

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This is a terrible mistake. We made fun of Derby for hiring Lampard. We made fun of blues for hiring Zola. We are now hiring a guy who only ever had one managerial job and that was as an assistant for less than a year. 

This is Bruce's team, so getting a new manager in with no preseason, and no new signings makes zero sense. 

I actually applauded Derby for getting Lampard and kudos to them for having the balls to do so.

Pre-season is two weeks old ffs, and the midfield already have stiff necks from watching the ball whizz above them.

Not saying Henry is the answer but Bruce most certainly isn't I'm afraid, nice guy but needs to fudge right off ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

betting companies do this all the time, especially towards close of play in the day to guard against unseen rushes. May be significant, but at the moment just means plenty of folk have bet money on it and they are covering themselves.

I’ve never known villa fans so divided over a potential new manager. Stick or twist? At the end of the day if we had Guardiola in charge and he loses 2-3 on the bounce we’ll be calling for his head cause we’re Aston Villa fans, the very best! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any manager that comes into this club before this season has a big task.

If we are looking to build for the future, the foundations need to be laid and if Henry fits that mould then thats it.

If we want to go for a big push for promotion this season then bruce has to stay because any change to the first team will disrupt our start to this season.

I feel like there are better options than Henry that can lay real foundations at this club.

This job is too big for Henry.

If Henry comes in he inherits a decent defence (JT aside) - big difference to what RDM started with. Deffo needs a few players but in a different system we could see great things from COH, JG (if he stays), Green, might even suit Lansbury and Thor better. Then there's RHM and Davis and even Kodjia getting coached by Henry (if Henry can coach - the big risk) then that's another benefit. 

24 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This is Bruce's team to a point, but a lot of his signings have been loan players who have subsequently left, a CB who went on a free, and a striker that doesn't fit his style. The timing isn't great but I'm happy for us to take the chance.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

This is old news. Corals announced this six hours ago on Twitter. It's a standard reaction to some larger bets.

so why didn't you tell us?

• Haha 1