World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

Sterling terrified Sweden. Every time he ran at them he pushed them right back. Pity he didn't get his goal but without him that game was played at a slower pace; Sweden's pace. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Getting a bit tired of the Sterling abuse. His end product isn't great, but if we had any other player who could find space and stretch the defence the way he does with a better end product they would be playing. 

Give it a rest. 

He’s really good, he’s just being let down as usual by his finishing. 

Badly needs a goal. 

He still starts he next game for me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

People are allowed differing opinions. Deal with it or just ignore it.

You are correct. And people are allowed to disagree with said opinions.

I also have no idea how you thought Maguire was any better today than last game. Was the same game pretty much other than he scored.

Football eh.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Every country's commentators will be the same, if not much more so. If anything we overdo the modesty. 

They interviewed Blomqvist at half time and have a German multiple WC winner on the panel, FFS. No other country would do that!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You are correct. And people are allowed to disagree with said opinions.

I also have no idea how you thought Maguire was any better today than last game. Was the same game pretty much other than he scored.

Football eh.

People see things differently, if you thought someone played well just say so but don’t have a pop at people who don’t agree with you or bring up past posts. Opinions eh. Let’s not fall out over it though and just enjoy it ??

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Maguire is awesome, easily one of the most likeable English footballers in last 10 years.

Hands up again who thought Southgate made a mistake throwing the Belgium game.....

If Russia win tonight I reckon England are in the final. Croatia obviously much more difficult match up and would be slight favourites.

Crostia easily will beat england in movement. If russia do them southgate should be knighted

Just now, mottaloo said:

I wonder if it'll be safe to drive past flints in the next half hour on my way to a night shift ?

Prob not ?

I can still hear police sirens around the area! 

Garth Southgate wants a pint of bitter (which raises my respect for him by another bar) but doesn't think he will find one. 

Brewers of Britain, it's your duty to provide our manager with some proper English beer. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Just think how Southgate stumbled into the job. It could all have been so different if Allardyce hadn't been honeytrapped. 

Football history is frequently written from funny tales like that.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yeah that was always a strange choice!

Do you think Ox or a fit Wilshire would have made the starting line up?

Oxlade-Chamberlain would've started, probably ahead of Lingard. Southgate has seen through Wilshere which is another plus, guy did hardly anything in euro 2016.

Would've taken Shelvey as wildcard creative option off the bench.

You need to think about their personalities. Wilshere & Shelvey are selfish & unintelligent people. Hart is one of the failed old guard. Southgate obviously and deliberately picked a squad of players in form, with the right attitude, who would bond despite spending five weeks in a gulag.

• Like 3

Â