World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

I can’t believe we won and I can’t believe it was so comfortable. 

**** get in. First World Cup semi final of my lifetime (that I can remember anyway). 

NEVER thought I’d be saying that before the tournament started. 

Weve got every chance in the semi too

• Like 1

I must admit I am extremely impressed with Southgate. Wasn't convinced he was the right choice but boy was I wrong.

• Like 4

Maguire is awesome, easily one of the most likeable English footballers in last 10 years.

Hands up again who thought Southgate made a mistake throwing the Belgium game.....

If Russia win tonight I reckon England are in the final. Croatia obviously much more difficult match up and would be slight favourites.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I must admit I am extremely impressed with Southgate. Wasn't convinced he was the right choice but boy was I wrong.

Doing well now he's dropped that weird obssession he had with Jake Livermore this time last year!

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Maguire is awesome, easily one of the most likeable English footballers in last 10 years.

Hands up again who thought Southgate made a mistake throwing the Belgium game.....

If Russia win tonight I reckon England are in the final. Croatia obviously much more difficult match up and would be slight favourites.

I hope Maguire doesn't move to a team like Chelsea and sit on the bench. He's doing great where he is. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Doing well now he's dropped that weird obssession he had with Jake Livermore this time last year!

Yeah that was always a strange choice!

Do you think Ox or a fit Wilshire would have made the starting line up?

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not a starting place for me but I think them and Lallana would have battled it out for 1 or 2 places: Wellbecks and I think we’ve taken a CB too manyy, especially when Dier can play there.

Getting a bit tired of the Sterling abuse. His end product isn't great, but if we had any other player who could find space and stretch the defence the way he does with a better end product they would be playing. 

Give it a rest. 

• Like 2

This throwing beer thing. The BBC were showing various cities' fanzones, and seemed very disappointed by the Leeds reaction to the goals, no beer throwing. The reason is that drinks were banned in Milennium Square! 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wiltshire no, Ox almost definitely. It would’ve Been ALi, Sterling or lingard missing out of the starting line up. Luckily the linjury worked in our favour and this attacking line up is working 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Getting a bit tired of the Sterling abuse. His end product isn't great, but if we had any other player who could find space and stretch the defence the way he does with a better end product they would be playing. 

Give it a rest. 

People are allowed differing opinions. Deal with it or just ignore it.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can’t believe we won and I can’t believe it was so comfortable. 

I can't believe that at 1-0, and then 2-0, we continued to attack, and i mean that as a compliment. 

In years gone by we would have shut up shop at 1-0, conceeded an equaliser and then bottled it and then lost. 

There is a fearless about this side, and not being scared to lose is a very endearing feature. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wiltshire no, Ox almost definitely. It would’ve Been ALi, Sterling or lingard missing out of the starting line up. Luckily the linjury worked in our favour and this attacking line up is working 

Yeah I think Ox would have started above Lingard. As you say, worked out well as Lingard has been immense. 

Â