Fixtures 18/19

Demitri_C

You look at the teams in the Championship this year though, there is nothing whatsoever to fear.  Wish to god we had 1 more year without going bankrupt because I think last years squad would walk this league.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Look at December fixtures what a **** joke that is. 

Its a cliche i know, but you have to play them at some time or another and ultimately there are no easy games. After last seasons slip up, we as Villa fans should know that !!! 

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Its a cliche i know, but you have to play them at some time or another and ultimately there are no easy games. After last seasons slip up, we as Villa fans should know that !!! 

But seriously away to boro, West Brom and swansea with stoke at home.

That is **** ridiculous 

So I'm guessing we have the worst schedule of all teams, along with having the worst injury record of all teams, no millions to spend and rocket polishers for ref's?

Just like the fans of every other team in the Championship thinks about their team.

Should be a fun season, when does it end?

• Like 3

On 16/06/2018 at 22:46, VillaChris said:

Police don't allow that.

We usually get SHA away first usually in last weekend of October and then return game at VP is usually February or more often late April.

Think we might have them at home in first half of the season this time. West Brom around xmas.

There you go. ;)

• Like 1

On 16/06/2018 at 22:46, VillaChris said:

Police don't allow that.

We usually get SHA away first usually in last weekend of October and then return game at VP is usually February or more often late April.

Out of interest, do you know the reasons for this? What have they got against the game being played earlier in the season? 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Out of interest, do you know the reasons for this? What have they got against the game being played earlier in the season? 

Just think it's far too early, both fans would be far too pumped up on an opening day whereas one if not both will be in despair around November time. Better weather so more people out drinking before/after the game, maybe more police on holiday/annual leave in August aswell.

I'm guessing at some of those reasons although imagine not that far from the reality. No other major derbies will be first fixture anyway.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They probably know that by October/ November both sets of fans will have realised that neither of us are going to win the league, so we'll be less excitable.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Swansea away boxing day takes the piss!

For some reason we have played them at Christmas/New Year quite often. Of our 24 league meetings to date 7 of them have taken place then on 26/12/14 (a), 28/12/13 (h), 1/1/13 (a), 2/1/12 (h), 27/12/71 (a), 2/1/60 (a) & 26/12/36 (h). This will make it 8 in 26.  

Very kind early fixtures, we can really build some momentum if our team isn't completely gutted.

If Steve Bruce is still kept on, I hope he's learned from his mistakes last year, though I doubt he will.

Â