Fixtures 18/19

Demitri_C

We have got very lucky with them fixtures in August/September gives us a chance to settle down after the crazy shenanigans going on. Can’t believe some are moaning, we have to play every team twice just like everyone else does, I actually think we couldn’t of asked for a better first two months to get some points on the board. 

I hope this info is ok here...seemed the best place.

A few were interested in the Away Scheme last year but couldn’t get in.

Ive not seen this elsewhere but on contacting the Ticket Office to enquiry about renewing membership ( as nothing’s been put out)  I’m told

1: those in the Scheme have until 29th June to renew

2: on 2nd July it will be open to ST holders for new members. 

3: The cap is expected to be 1600-1700 - as there were about 900 members last year that means any ST holder who gets in touch early enough shoukd get in

4: The fee is £25 but no longer do you automatically get sent a ticket ( and claim refund if you can’t go) you now have a window in which to select your seat ( hooray !!) and buy.

Hope that’s of some use

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does anybody know why some of the home mid week games are Tuesday but then Rotherham (the glamour) and Forest are on the Wednesday?

Could be that Sha or West Brom also have home games those nights (most likely) or, Rotherham and Forest are playing on the Sunday. 

2 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Would love to see how we faired in each fixture home and away and compare it to the fixtures we have, minus the obvious promoted and relegated teams. I'm far too lazy to do it. 

We got 9 points from the promoted teams and 18 from the relegated clubs. Deduct those 27 points from our total points for last season (72) gives us 45 points.

14 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Would love to see how we faired in each fixture home and away and compare it to the fixtures we have, minus the obvious promoted and relegated teams. I'm far too lazy to do it. 

I’m trying not to think about last season or Villa generally at the moment, but I couldn’t help myself here.

Points gained from each team -

Boro 4 (1 home, 3 away)

Derby 1 (1 home)

Preston 4 (1 home, 3 away)

Millwall 1 (1 home)

Brentford 1 (1 home)

Sheff Utd 4 (1 home, 3 away)

Bristol 4 (3 home, 1 away)

Ipswich 6 

Leeds 4 (3 home, 1 away)

Norwich 3 (3 home)

Sheff Wed 3 (3 away)

QPR 3 (3 away)

Forest 6

Hull City 2

Small heath 4 (3 home, 1 away)

Reading 3 (3 home)

Bolton 3 (3 home)

So that’s 56 points from a possible 102, 31 from home fixtures home and 25 away. 

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does anybody know why some of the home mid week games are Tuesday but then Rotherham (the glamour) and Forest are on the Wednesday?

Those gameweeks (8 & 19) are just split across 2 days (as are plenty of others).  AFAIK it's the luck of the draw as to which day you play on.  We play on 5 Wednesdays.  v Rotherham, v Forest, a Swansea, a Brentford, a Rotherham.

A quick look at the fixtures and, yes, December is a bitch.

Average 2017/18 league finishing position of opponent - by month.

5.17 December
8.80 February
9.20 October
14.00 March
14.00 May
15.33 April
15.75 November
16.20 August
16.60 September
17.00 January

* 17/18 relegated sides get the values 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  Promoted sides get 22nd, 23rd, 24th.

Â