Time for a takeover

Jareth

3 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Mandaric has already ruled himself out. He has advised a group though.

I’m not sure he has ruled himself out entirely. He left it a bit open in my opinion. Towards the end of his statement, he said something along the lines of, I need to get myself sorted out before I can do anything. It could all be interpreted in half a dozen different ways of course. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure he has ruled himself out entirely. He left it a bit open in my opinion. Towards the end of his statement, he said something along the lines of, I need to get myself sorted out before I can do anything. It could all be interpreted in half a dozen different ways of course. 

So would could still be on the road to Mandaric? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think he's ruled out of anything imminently and we're talking very imminently. If we're talking hypothetical scenarios. we are far more likely to attract the sort of investor like Mandaric, than someone looking for a quick flip, as there are no assets left to really make a quick buck on. I see that as a good thing in that it will rule out real chancers!! Careful and slow progressive (never mind brilliant  and shrewd) ownership is the way forward out of this big black hole of a mess

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I suspect come Hull we will have the same owner and half a team.

This unfortunately. Sad thing is we should be playing the young guys now to get them some fitness. Problem is our best kids are all injured. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I think he's ruled out of anything imminently and we're talking very imminently. If we're talking hypothetical scenarios. we are far more likely to attract the sort of investor like Mandaric, than someone looking for a quick flip, as there are no assets left to really make a quick buck on. I see that as a good thing in that it will rule out real chancers!! Careful and slow progressive (never mind brilliant  and shrewd) ownership is the way forward out of this big black hole of a mess

I agree, what the club has been craving but lacking for years, is a shrewd owner with proper, well thought out and sustainable plan. Revolutionary thinking, it’ll never happen!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wonder what happened to the EFL’s investigation into whether we had enough football management competence at board level?

that was fake news according to Xia's letter...

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wonder what happened to the EFL’s investigation into whether we had enough football management competence at board level?

Probably the same as the f8nancial check on Xia. They flunced

10 hours ago, rubberman said:

I know it's a load of bollox, but for a moment in my mind I'm going to welcome our new billionaire overlords and Terry Henry as manager. 

Good Times. 

Lovely bunch of lads the French

14 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Very good point that, it does look weird. On the flip side you could say we are putting them in the shop window to drum up interest in a sale. I imagine the crowd at this game is half made up of scouts watching our players ?

Bit sexist. There may have been brownies there as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

that was fake news according to Xia's letter...

Hmm. His letter said “The EFL have shown no concern over the ‘lack of football experience within the club’”.

That’s not to say  they didn’t express concern about other aspects of the club’s running.

Might just be fake news spread by an ill-wisher though.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Hmm. His letter said “The EFL have shown no concern over the ‘lack of football experience within the club’”.

That’s not to say  they didn’t express concern about other aspects of the club’s running.

Might just be fake news spread by an ill-wisher though.

The fact he says they have shown no concern might mean they've concluded that they don't want ot take action at this time, but looked into it. Might not be fake news at all. 

Â