Time for a takeover

Jareth

6 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I honestly don't think we're talking about a rational human being here. I genuinely think he's away in cloud cuckoo land, completely out of touch with reality. I almost feel sorry for him really.

Well that sort of mindset gets you to the white house these days so it is not all bad,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

I've heard whispers that a certain amount of staff have already been told to expect delays in getting paid. 

Apparently the Xia flying in rumours are true with Mandaric in pole position 

Mandaric has already ruled himself out. He has advised a group though.

Probably nothing in it but today's line up to me is strange. Starting/ risking all three of Jack, Chester and Kodija from start. Why do that if they soon are on their way out? If selling Grealish is REQUIRED to SAVE THE CLUB starting him in a friendly at Walsall and risk him being injured for 12 months is just silly. Starting all three apparently being on the top of the sales list is just reckless. But that's probably it. Silly, I mean. Fits the MO. 

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Probably nothing in it but today's line up to me is strange. Starting/ risking all three of Jack, Chester and Kodija from start. Why do that if they soon are on their way out? If selling Grealish is REQUIRED to SAVE THE CLUB starting him in a friendly at Walsall and risk him being injured for 12 months is just silly. Starting all three apparently being on the top of the sales list is just reckless. But that's probably it. Silly, I mean. Fits the MO. 

Very good point that, it does look weird. On the flip side you could say we are putting them in the shop window to drum up interest in a sale. I imagine the crowd at this game is half made up of scouts watching our players ?

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Very good point that, it does look weird. On the flip side you could say we are putting them in the shop window to drum up interest in a sale. I imagine the crowd at this game is half made up of scouts watching our players ?

Yeah that would be the argument but really? There is no need to showcase Grealish Kodija and Chester in a friendly against Walsall -any interested parties would not make a decision on today's game anyway.... and, BB and MJ are not involved despite of not confirmed sold. Surely that is because they are close to finalising a sale and the club does not want take any risks? Then again, this is Villa after all!

36 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Yes it could well be this group that Mandaric is advising but his name is in the mix as a result.

We will find out sooner rather than later I feel. Fingers crossed

On Henry becoming manager I'd be in favour due to a couple of paragraphs from Lukaku's excellent piece before the world cup. I wasn't a fan of his punditry though.

Man, listen — when we were kids, we couldn’t even afford to watch Thierry Henry on Match of the Day! Now I’m learning from him every day with the national team. I’m standing with the legend, in the flesh, and he’s telling me all about how to run into space like he used to do. Thierry might be the only guy in the world who watches more football than me. We debate everything. We’re sitting around and having debates about German second division football.

I’m like, “Thierry, have you seen the Fortuna Düsseldorf setup, though?”

He’s like, “Don’t be silly. Yes, of course.”

That’s the coolest thing in the world, to me.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say?utm_medium=fw&utm_source=thekophq

Extreme wishful thinking though.

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I didn't realise Sky television were paying Henry £12m a year?

Sorry it’s 12 million euros

https://en.as.com/en/2018/07/17/football/1531822659_212848.html

Belgium's assistant coach, Thierry Henry has rejected the chance to return to his broadcasting role with Sky and reportedly has had three offers from clubs in England.

1 hour ago, Hughes said:

Yeah that would be the argument but really? There is no need to showcase Grealish Kodija and Chester in a friendly against Walsall -any interested parties would not make a decision on today's game anyway.... and, BB and MJ are not involved despite of not confirmed sold. Surely that is because they are close to finalising a sale and the club does not want take any risks? Then again, this is Villa after all!

Aren't BB and MJ still having a rest since the WC?

Hopefully it's a good omen that Jack, Jimmy Danger and Chester played. I thought players normally don't play if a move is imminent as an injury would cause a lot of legal trouble regarding among other things the right to withdraw from the deal.  

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Aren't BB and MJ still having a rest since the WC?

Hopefully it's a good omen that Jack, Jimmy Danger and Chester played. I thought players normally don't play if a move is imminent as an injury would cause a lot of legal trouble regarding among other things the right to withdraw from the deal.  

It’s so Henry could run the rule over them and wether he thinks they will fit into his new system, it’s all so obvious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â