Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Actual Chinese food is nothing like what you get in standard Chinese restaurants here.

Am I  a heathen for thinking our version is much better than theirs  ... the only thing the Chinese do better is give them amusing names , my son and I were having great fun trying to decide between Maotai bovine animal sub , fresh hairy belly  and soup elbow flowers when we were in Beijing last year ( i kid you not they were all genuine translations  )

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I have heard from Vegan friends this is happening. So instead of processed meats your getting processed non meat shit which is just as bad. Exploitation 100%

I don't eat Asian food anymore because it's mainly greasy and unhealthy. What s in the food is important as you say, but they cook it with shit methods like frying it's not really healthy. 

I also find vegan food really expensive. Exploiting people to try eat healthy. 

What 'vegan' food do you find expensive?

I don't get meat substitutes, if you're vegan out of compassion to animals then surely you wouldn't want to eat something that's designed to taste of them. In the same way that most people wouldn't want to eat an artificial meat that's designed to taste like humans.

2 hours ago, MCU said:

What 'vegan' food do you find expensive?

So there is a vegan fast food place near me. £12.50 for a vegan burger and cajan fries.

It's nice but Jesus those prices and small portion. Shall we the foods considering.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I don't get meat substitutes, if you're vegan out of compassion to animals then surely you wouldn't want to eat something that's designed to taste of them. In the same way that most people wouldn't want to eat an artificial meat that's designed to taste like humans.

This is such a great point.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is such a great point.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Taste has nothing to do with ethics. Using the odd analogy put forward by useless, if human meat tasted exactly like beef steak, would you not want to eat a human free substitute like real steak because it tasted the same?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So there is a vegan fast food place near me. £12.50 for a vegan burger and cajan fries.

It's nice but Jesus those prices and small portion. Shall we the foods considering.

You're judging the price of vegan food by restaurant prices? :lol:

That's about the price of a decent burger and fries from anywhere that's not a chain isn't it? Don't you live in London as well?!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, useless said:

Image result for wtf gif

I actually think that it is indeed a great point, and that's not using the 'analogy' put forward by me, it's completely different, a completely different scenario. I don't care what anyone says if you don't eat animals for moral reasons, then I find it weird that you'd want to eat food that's manufactured to taste like their meat.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I actually think that it is indeed a great point, and that's not using the 'analogy' put forward by me, it's completely different, a completely different scenario. I don't care what anyone says if you don't eat animals for moral reasons, then I find it weird that you'd want to eat food that's manufactured to taste like their meat.

It’s not at all, but ok.

Good meat tastes incredible. Just because I don’t want to eat it because I don’t like subjecting an animal to a miserable life and death doesn’t change how good it tastes.

Convincing fake meat satisfies the conflict.

I don’t care what anyone says, but you finding it weird is weird.

Yours, meat-taste-loving vegetarian, a m ole.

And Imagine if someone said the following...

'It’s not at all, but ok.

Good human meat tastes incredible. Just because I don’t want to eat it because I don’t like subjecting a human to a miserable life and death doesn’t change how good it tastes.

Convincing fake human meat satisfies the conflict.

I don’t care what anyone says, but you finding it weird is weird.

Yours,  a human meat-taste-loving vegetarian.'

Edited by useless

18 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we have a fundamental difference of opinion that we're not going to resolve, but I agree with the other guys.

Compassion for animals as you put it, is one of many reasons I've been vegan for a few years now. I absolutely don't think it's justifiable to kill or exploit animals for food (or other materials), however I have never denied that it's delicious. I ate meat and cheese for the vast majority of my life. Of course it's delicious. If I can get something close that doesn't in any way conflict with the reason I stopped eating it, yeah I'll try it out.

• Like 2

Been plant based for 4 weeks now (I don't like the 'V' word). Copping plenty of ribbing from everyone but I'm happy with my choice. It has taken some getting use to but after nearly a month, I have no desire to eat meat or dairy. Oh and I feel fantastic!

5 minutes ago, useless said:

And Imagine if someone said the following...

'Apparently human meat tastes incredible. I don’t want to eat it though, because I don’t want to eat a human.

Animal meat satisfies the conflict.

Try this as it’s the same argument.

You started off saying “I don’t get...”, I’m explaining it to you as a real life case study. 

Â