Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Been to a few vegan places near me. It really isn't that healthy like they make you believe. Most of the time the food is fried in my experience.

Anything can be healthy or unhealthy. That isn't dependent on the presence of animal products.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Anything can be healthy or unhealthy. That isn't dependent on the presence of animal products.

But when I go into a Vegan place and ask for it to be grilled instead they say they can only fry it only doesn't inspire me with much confidence.

Not saying the food isn't good because some it actually tastes good. But in my experience not very healthy as they make you believe.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But when I go into a Vegan place and ask for it to be grilled instead they say they can only fry it only doesn't inspire me with much confidence.

Not saying the food isn't good because some it actually tastes good. But in my experience not very healthy as they make you believe.

I mean, that depends on the recipe, not whether it's meat or not.

A lot of east Asian cuisine is Vegan and it's much healthier.

It's as much of a silly blanket statement to say all Vegan food is healthier than non-Vegan food, to say the opposite. 

It all depends on what you're making, and how it's cooked.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's as much of a silly blanket statement to say all Vegan food is healthier than non-Vegan food, to say the opposite. 

Yes.  The recent problem with vegan/veggie diets is that manufacturers of processed food see it as a big, trendy new market, and are producing all sorts of shite and pushing it as healthy simply because it's vegan, even though it may be very far from being healthy.  A lot of people are at risk of being taken in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

Yes.  The recent problem with vegan/veggie diets is that manufacturers of processed food see it as a big, trendy new market, and are producing all sorts of shite and pushing it as healthy simply because it's vegan, even though it may be very far from being healthy.  A lot of people are at risk of being taken in.

Yes I have heard from Vegan friends this is happening. So instead of processed meats your getting processed non meat shit which is just as bad. Exploitation 100%

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, that depends on the recipe, not whether it's meat or not.

A lot of east Asian cuisine is Vegan and it's much healthier.

It all depends on what you're making, and how it's cooked.

I don't eat Asian food anymore because it's mainly greasy and unhealthy. What s in the food is important as you say, but they cook it with shit methods like frying it's not really healthy. 

I also find vegan food really expensive. Exploiting people to try eat healthy. 

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

instead of processed meats your getting processed non meat shit which is just as bad. Exploitation 100%

9 minutes ago, peterms said:

Yes.  A lot of people are at risk of being taken in.

23 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Morrison's foot long vegan sausage rolls 👍

Image result for embarrassed gif"

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't eat Asian food anymore because it's mainly greasy and unhealthy.

What Asian food are you eating? There is significantly more Asian food that doesn't touch a fryer.

And why are you making such huge blanket statements!?

There's far more unhealthy, fried non-Vegan food but I wouldn't make a huge statement like 'all non-Vegan food is unhealthy'.

Edited by StefanAVFC

33 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Morrison's foot long vegan sausage rolls

Image result for thumbs up gif"

vegan GIF

can't find a vegan sausage roll gif but use your imagination and pretend there is one on the plate

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What Asian food are you eating? There is significantly more Asian food that doesn't touch a fryer.

I've been eating Asian food for the last week or so.  A small amount has been deep fried, most is flash fried in a wok with a small amount of oil, some is barbecued, some is steamed.  Mainly pretty healthy, especially compared with the average UK diet.  Also the time from picking or killing to preparation appears to be very brief.

They do eat more of the fat from the meat than we do, but the idea that fatty meat is unhealthy is another of those myths that could do with being retired.

1 minute ago, peterms said:

I've been eating Asian food for the last week or so.  A small amount has been deep fried, most is flash fried in a wok with a small amount of oil, some is barbecued, some is steamed.  Mainly pretty healthy, especially compared with the average UK diet.  Also the time from picking or killing to preparation appears to be very brief.

They do eat more of the fat from the meat than we do, but the idea that fatty meat is unhealthy is another of those myths that could do with being retired.

Exactly!

When i think of 'Asian food' (huge statement in itself, encompasses half of the global population) I think sushi (small % fried), Ramen, Pho, Laksa, Curries, Breads based in Tandoori ovens, noodles

Chinese food has a lot of friend elements, but again, it's a small proportion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

And why are you making such huge blanket statements!?

There's far more unhealthy, fried non-Vegan food but I wouldn't make a huge statement like 'all non-Vegan food is unhealthy'.

'A huge statement your making'  and such a 'blanket statement?'  Your making something  so small sound so big and dramatic!

With regards to your question. I tend to eat Thai food as I find it less greasy and a healthier alternative. I can only go on my experience but most chinese restaurants have been too I didn't enjoy for the season specified. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

'A huge statement your making'  and such a 'blanket statement?'  Your making something  so small sound so big and dramatic!

Dem :D

You've said:

It really isn't that healthy like they make you believe. Most of the time the food is fried in my experience.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't eat Asian food anymore because it's mainly greasy and unhealthy.

They are blanket statements.

Food is food. It can be healthy. It can be unhealthy. It has nothing to do whether its' meat based or plant based. European or Asian.

EDIT - i should have said Chinese not Asian my mistake.

Even that's a generalisation. Our Western influenced Chinese food is more grease based, but go to China and it's not nearly as bad, and a lot of it is Vegan. Especially in the poorer areas.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dem :D

You've said:

They are blanket statements.

Food is food. It can be healthy. It can be unhealthy. It has nothing to do whether its' meat based or plant based. European or Asian.

Even that's a generalisation. Our Western influenced Chinese food is more grease based, but go to China and it's not nearly as bad, and a lot of it is Vegan. Especially in the poorer areas.

Stefan not sure where you live but where I am from a Chinese restaurant is a Chinese restaurant 😁 thats what it is I am not generalisng!

I been to Chinese restaurants in many countries such as cyprus, America and Spain. I also went to china town in Thailand and it was no different. The food was for me similar to most of the places near me. Very oily and greasy.

That's not saying all places are like this just my experience with most of them 

Â