Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to take her for a nice meal somewhere in Town. It's not been the best year, so I'll chuck £ at it, if the place is right?

Even Michelin star vegan restaurants look dull.

Vegan-Dish-2_dc-770x513.jpg.644390ea2ff6526cd6f2af05856e29d4.jpg

Didn't choose the dullest pic for effect. This is sort of average.

I'm sure the dressing is lovely :(

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Looking to take her for a nice meal somewhere in Town. It's not been the best year, so I'll chuck £ at it, if the place is right?

Even Michelin star vegan restaurants look dull.

Vegan-Dish-2_dc-770x513.jpg.644390ea2ff6526cd6f2af05856e29d4.jpg

Didn't choose the dullest pic for effect. This is sort of average.

I'm sure the dressing is lovely :(

That looks like the kind of food that people who aren't Vegans think vegans like. Leaves.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That looks like the kind of food that people who aren't Vegans think vegans like. Leaves.

The bar for veggie and vegan food is high where we live.

c700x420.jpg.1b5b120c96d486389aac267698006849.jpg

Then there's the Asian restaurants, which are pretty amazing.

Finding somewhere special to eat is a challenge.

There is a Michelin Star within staggering distance of home, but just the one veggie choice in the starters and mains.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

The bar for veggie and vegan food is high where we live.

c700x420.jpg.1b5b120c96d486389aac267698006849.jpg

Then there's the Asian restaurants, which are pretty amazing.

Finding somewhere special to eat is a challenge.

There is a Michelin Star within staggering distance of home, but just the one veggie choice in the starters and mains.

Yeah that spread looks a lot better!

Brum doesn't seem that good for veggie.vegan places.

A lot of restaurants with a decent Veggie section on their menu. But not very many specifically veggie/vegan places.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Weirdly I was out in Wolverhampton a couple of weeks back and there was a new Vegan fast food place and it was amazing.

That pic above is from Vegan Express. The 'fish' and chips (on the top left) is meant to be amazing.

Their problem is they've not been very express to date. They'd be near as dammit 5* everywhere if their service was quicker.

The first pic was from a tasting menu in the West End iirc. Looked at a few of them now. Not impressed.

Might look at some niche nationality stuff?

Edited by Xann

12 minutes ago, Xann said:

That pic above is from Vegan Express. The 'fish' and chips (on the top left) is meant to be amazing.

Their problem is they've not been very express to date. They'd be near as dammit 5* everywhere if their service was quicker.

The first pic was from a tasting menu in the West End iirc. Looked at a few of them now. Not impressed.

Might look at some niche nationality stuff?

The place in Wolves was Middle Eastern. I think it was called #Falafel (yes a hashtag in the name)

But it was **** lovely.

Mind you I was pretty pissed, so anything tastes nice when you're smashed. A sober taste test might be required.

We have a sit in Middle Eastern place that we don't go anymore. The food was fine, but the owner didn't pass the service charge to the staff.

I made a scene about it apparently. We're never going back. That's what I was told later anyway :)

There's an indoor takeaway with communal benches that does great falafel, so no great loss.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xann said:

Probably a bit far for you but I had a meal at Terre a Terre in Brighton last month. Best meal I’ve had in years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Who knew?

If you mean Amrutha, to my shame, I did :rolleyes:

(Hadn't realised you were down that way, for some reason I thought you were in Pimlico)

• Haha 1

You been?

A friend in Earlsfield told me he'd been before, he usually comes my way for curry..He's a chef himself.

He took us to a place around there that's a caf in the day and a South East Asian place in the evening. Inauspicious but great food.

21 hours ago, Xann said:

You been?

A friend in Earlsfield told me he'd been before, he usually comes my way for curry..He's a chef himself.

He took us to a place around there that's a caf in the day and a South East Asian place in the evening. Inauspicious but great food.

Similar deal here. Chef friend has recommended it but we've not actually made it there yet despite planning to for ages.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2019 at 20:14, tonyh29 said:

Visited countryfile live today , nice to see some sense being taught to people 

20FFAA7D-6711-4500-BC67-1F19E3AFA4BF.jpeg

Had some Pork from Morrissons yesterday and it was rank. Tempted to go straight a butcher next time as it was so off putting. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Had some Pork from Morrissons yesterday and it was rank. Tempted to go straight a butcher next time as it was so off putting. 

There was a game keeper organisation there , they had a muntjac deer there that had been killed the day before , someone did a demo on skinning it , then they cut it and showed the various cuts and how to prep it , then they fried it up and gave people samples 

pure heaven ... and sustainable for the hippies out there 

0798512E-CBCC-42DB-B42C-21D9B6E6D75D.jpeg

• Like 1

Â