Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

On 10/08/2019 at 09:00, bickster said:

MY granddad would go out and shoot a few pheasants and hang them over the bath in the kitchen for at least a week before plucking them

i read that as peasants and something  similar sounding to plucking  first time around  ... I fear my mind has become corrupt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Went to Natural Bar & Kitchen, a vegan bar and restaurant, in Brum on Friday. Its opposite the Mailbox.

my vegan mate treated me to 'fish' and chips aka battered tofu and chips. It was really nice to be honest. Obviously not as nice as proper fish but surprisingly good! Very similar texture to battered halloumi. 

Also noticed most vegans tend to be female so there was a good ratio of women to blokes in there! :cheers:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Word to the wise, lots of vegans are skinny blokes with long hair and a sarong.

You don’t want to find an unexpected sausage in amongst the veg any more than they do.

I look nothing like a "typical" vegan. I look like a short rugby player with a receding hairline. I'm **** strange. 

I walk into a vegan restaurant and they all duck under the table. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I look nothing like a "typical" vegan. I look like a short rugby player with a receding hairline. I'm **** strange. 

I walk into a vegan restaurant and they all duck under the table. 

It’s a vegetarian Sunday lunch for me today to be honest, and I look like the most gammon middle aged overweight balding white bloke you’ll ever see.

• 2 weeks later...

A MALE Pizza Express customer punched a female vegan activist in the face after a group of protesters stormed a restaurant last night.

Activists walked into the pizzeria in Brighton holding up photos of animals saying "I want to live" and shouting "it's not food, it's violence".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10037496/pizza-express-customer-punches-female-vegan-activist-pizza-express-brighton/

On 22/09/2019 at 11:09, Xela said:

Went to Natural Bar & Kitchen, a vegan bar and restaurant, in Brum on Friday. 

my vegan mate treated me to 'fish' and chips aka battered tofu and chips. It was really nice to be honest. 

list GIF

• Haha 1

On 22/09/2019 at 11:09, Xela said:

battered tofu

May have mentioned this before, but a good tofu recipe (Ottolenghi) is to cube the tofu, pat dry, dredge in cornflour, fry until crisp outside (a wok and half an inch of oil works well for this), drain on kitchen towel and set aside.  Gently fry finely chopped garlic and ginger in oil, add lots of ground black pepper, sichuan pepper, cumin, chile, then add lots of light and dark soy sauce, ketcap manis, a touch of vinegar, and simmer for a while, 15 mins or so, adding a little water if needed.  Add the fried tofu to the sauce just to warm through, and serve wih rice and veg.

I do this half and half with tofu, and cubed pork belly, fried until ligntly browned then set aside and added to the sauce a bit before the tofu to finish cooking through.  Because veganism has its limits, and pork belly is the food of champions.

16 minutes ago, peterms said:

May have mentioned this before, but a good tofu recipe (Ottolenghi) is to cube the tofu, pat dry, dredge in cornflour, fry until crisp outside (a wok and half an inch of oil works well for this), drain on kitchen towel and set aside.  Gently fry finely chopped garlic and ginger in oil, add lots of ground black pepper, sichuan pepper, cumin, chile, then add lots of light and dark soy sauce, ketcap manis, a touch of vinegar, and simmer for a while, 15 mins or so, adding a little water if needed.  Add the fried tofu to the sauce just to warm through, and serve wih rice and veg.

I do this half and half with tofu, and cubed pork belly, fried until ligntly browned then set aside and added to the sauce a bit before the tofu to finish cooking through.  Because veganism has its limits, and pork belly is the food of champions.

I know a good tofu recepie, worked well in the past.

You get some tofu on a plate, put some spices on it according to own preference, little salt, little pepper, and then you throw that shit in the bin.

Trust me, works great!

:trollface:

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, peterms said:

I know an even better tofu recipe.

You get the tofu, drop kick it across the garden into next doors land and get some real food out instead.

• 5 weeks later...
Â