Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Westboro Vegan Society would say the chicken is still enslaved

Yep, PETA probably would. I understand their reasoning. Goes back to where you draw the line.

Personally I'm not vegetarian (or potentially vegan) to stop animals being kept as pets. If someone wants to give a chicken a lovely life in their back garden then I'm ok with that. Similarly with house pets. I have no real objection to dogs and cats being kept as pets as long as they're given a good life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Why no one answer my question about vegan pet chicken eggs?

You eat or no? 

Got a couple of otherwise vegan friends that do eggs of chickens they keep or 'know'.

I would.  Would get a flow hive too.

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This is hilarious. So many people in the comments are so **** stupid :lol:.

Personally, I think it's quite a good advert. It's in-line with thoughts i've held for a long time.

It may be one for the wrong opinion room but I don't really get why there's such a stigma attached to cultures that eat dog.  Others turn their noses up at us eating pig for instance.  If I went somewhere on holiday that did dog, I'd probably give it a go.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It may be one for the wrong opinion room but I don't really get why there's such a stigma attached to cultures that eat dog.  Others turn their noses up at us eating pig for instance.  If I went somewhere on holiday that did dog, I'd probably give it a go.

Same as horse innit, people like them so they think they shouldn't eat them.

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This is hilarious. So many people in the comments are so **** stupid :lol:.

Personally, I think it's quite a good advert. It's in-line with thoughts i've held for a long time.

It’s stupid because you wouldn’t stick a whole lamb or chicken on a barbecue. You’d cut it up first. 

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s stupid because you wouldn’t stick a whole lamb or chicken on a barbecue. You’d cut it up first. 

Maybe Lamb, but you regularly see whole chickens or pigs on a barbecue or rotisserie. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNFlcObXOi0U6ax2boebx

Grilled-BBQ-Whole-Chicken-Butterflying-S

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe Lamb, but you regularly see whole chickens or pigs on a barbecue or rotisserie. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNFlcObXOi0U6ax2boebx

Grilled-BBQ-Whole-Chicken-Butterflying-S

The chicken ain’t so bad because you can’t see the face and in particular the eyes.  The pig is as wrong as the dog in my opinion.

Either way I can see what Peta are getting at. Be interesting to know if anyone actually begin to consider giving up meant due to their stunt.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The chicken ain’t so bad because you can’t see the face and in particular the eyes.  

I guess that's kind of the point they're making.

People are disconnected.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The chicken ain’t so bad because you can’t see the face and in particular the eyes.  The pig is as wrong as the dog in my opinion.

Either way I can see what Peta are getting at. Be interesting to know if anyone actually begin to consider giving up meant due to their stunt.

no

there needs to be more focus on what animals we eat but saying a dog is the same as a lamb, its not because that dog has been reared as a pet the lamb has been reared as food, the reality is 99% of the meat we eat exists purely to meet demand, if everyone stops eating meat these animals aren't roaming the green fields enjoying themselves, the 2.2m chickens that are eaten every day in the UK arent being snatched off the streets

we should be eating more of the animals that exist in the wild and are considered to be pests (preferably not just pests to us...) such as the kangaroo overpopulation in oz, white tail deer in the states, animals that we introduced and it turned in to a disaster like beaver in parts of south america, rabbits everywhere

On 25/01/2019 at 09:35, villa4europe said:

we should be eating more of the animals that exist in the wild and are considered to be pests (preferably not just pests to us...) such as the kangaroo overpopulation in oz, white tail deer in the states, animals that we introduced and it turned in to a disaster like beaver in parts of south america, rabbits everywhere 

Mmm, rabbit.  Lapin à la moutarde.  Or slow cooked with cider.  Fiddly little bones, though.

Last day of Veganuary.

It's been a breeze really. It's really only the going out to eat that's an issue as so few places offer decent vegan options. But even then I reckon as long as the people you're going out with are flexible you can usually find somewhere with good options.

I won't be able to call myself a vegan after today. I don't think I'm going to stick with it 100%.

But

I'm definitely going to use way way more vegan options and be "more" vegan. I know that's a bit of a fairweather approach, and I can definitely see myself going full vegan eventually, but it's a good step!

Edited by Stevo985

On 25/01/2019 at 09:35, villa4europe said:

I'm in ..long as I don't have to catch it myself

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Last day of Veganuary.

It's been a breeze really. It's really only the going out to eat that's an issue as so few places offer decent vegan options. But even then I reckon as long as the people you're going out with are flexible you can usually find somewhere with good options.

I won't be able to call myself a vegan after today. I don't think I'm going to stick with it 100%.

But

I'm definitely going to use way way more vegan options and be "more" vegan. I know that's a bit of a fairweather approach, and I can definitely see myself going full vegan eventually, but it's a good step!

what will you miss more  ..the food or telling everyone  :)

I jest , i jest

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

what will you miss more  ..the food or telling everyone  :)

I jest , i jest

:D

In reality I've barely told anyone. Apart from my gf and my immediate family I don't think anyone I know in the real world (as in outside of VT) knows I've been doing Veganuary.

• 2 weeks later...
Â