Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

On 15/07/2018 at 09:09, Stevo985 said:

Read it in a day on holiday. 

Gets a bit heavy with data at times but mostly I found it really interesting. Cool to see it from an angle that doesn’t talk about animal cruelty. 

Animal cruelty is the main reason I’m doing it , but I mean it was great to see a load of other reasons why it’s a good thing to do. Health, economy, environment. 

Enjoyed it, even though there was some stuff in there I didn’t really agree with. But on the whole it was more reinforcement that I’m doing the right thing (for me)

nice, glad you liked it, I agree some bits I took with a pinch of salt, but I found it a really interesting perspective. The argument it puts forward about stopping eating beef is by a mile the best thing you can do to help the environment over any recycling, water limiting etc at home was quite eye opening.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bickster said:

As stated in another thread... Oat Milk, how the frig do you Vogons drink that shit?

Soya milk and soya yogurt are lovely. I'm not vegan, I just genuinely prefer them to natural milk and yogurt. 

Edited by PieFacE

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Soya milk and soya yogurt are lovely. I'm not vegan, I just genuinely prefer them to natural milk and yogurt. 

Soya milk is vile

4 minutes ago, villa_chemist said:

Soya milk is nice in coffee, but I haven’t found anything as good as cows milk in tea.

I prefer almond milk to soya. But I have to agree with the tea statement. There is no way you can make a decent cup of tea with any other milk, it's just horrible on every level without proper milk

19 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I’ll just add that if you think coffee is that freeze dried rat shit such as Nescafé and other instant jar crap then I couldn’t care less if you mix goat piss in with it. You are a no taste philistine and your views have zero validity on this matter.

Try spending a fortnight in the Balkans. Strictly Nescafe or Turkish coffee. I miss my Moccamaster badly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

With all due respect.

That's complete bollocks.

With all due respect, I guess it depends where in the Balkans you are. 

Tried Cauldron Sausages yesterday.

Delicious. Definitely a little less juicy than real sausages, but just as tasty.

A week down as a veggie and it's been no bother at all. Was even on a stag do on the weekend and managed fine, despite a bit of a ribbing from my mates who were all suitably surprised I'd gone veggie!
Definitely starting to notice how little choice there is for vegetarians at certain restaurants and shops. Tried to get a Boots meal deal at the airport on Sunday and there was only one vegetarian sandwich, and that had onion in which is a no go for me.
And the bacon sandwiches being eaten by the others on Saturday morning were very tempting, I must admit.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to struggle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tried Cauldron Sausages yesterday.

Delicious. Definitely a little less juicy than real sausages, but just as tasty.

A week down as a veggie and it's been no bother at all. Was even on a stag do on the weekend and managed fine, despite a bit of a ribbing from my mates who were all suitably surprised I'd gone veggie!
Definitely starting to notice how little choice there is for vegetarians at certain restaurants and shops. Tried to get a Boots meal deal at the airport on Sunday and there was only one vegetarian sandwich, and that had onion in which is a no go for me.
And the bacon sandwiches being eaten by the others on Saturday morning were very tempting, I must admit.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to struggle.

Dunno if you're ever about in Worcester? But if you are, check out Chesters. It's a vegetarians dream of a restaurant. 

Bistro 1847 in Brum is pretty good if you wanna try a veggie place closer to home. 

In supermarkets your choices of sandwiches will always be egg and cress, and chonion. If you see a Ploughman's, you're in luck :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dunno if you're ever about in Worcester? But if you are, check out Chesters. It's a vegetarians dream of a restaurant. 

Bistro 1847 in Brum is pretty good if you wanna try a veggie place closer to home. 

In supermarkets your choices of sandwiches will always be egg and cress, and chonion. If you see a Ploughman's, you're in luck :D 

I don't really like ploughmans either. Egg it is! :)

I've heard of Bistro 1847. There's a new vegan place called Natural bar and Kitchen in Brum that is meant to be really good.
Cosy Club have a Vegan menu too. I've not tried it, but the "normal" food there is really good so hopefully the veggie stuff is good too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really like ploughmans either. Egg it is! :)

I've heard of Bistro 1847. There's a new vegan place called Natural bar and Kitchen in Brum that is meant to be really good.
Cosy Club have a Vegan menu too. I've not tried it, but the "normal" food there is really good so hopefully the veggie stuff is good too.

The Loungers in both Mere Green and Sutton have a really good veggie/vegan menu too. Not fine dining but decent to have a bite with a coffee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Loungers in both Mere Green and Sutton have a really good veggie/vegan menu too. Not fine dining but decent to have a bite with a coffee.

Not heard of them, thanks!

There's actually 3 of them.

Renato Lounge in Mere Green

Quinto Lounge in Sutton

Verdo Lounge in Wylde Green

The one in Lichfield is called Faro Lounge. It's a chain but doesn't feel like one if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's actually 3 of them.

Renato Lounge in Mere Green

Quinto Lounge in Sutton

Verdo Lounge in Wylde Green

The one in Lichfield is called Faro Lounge. It's a chain but doesn't feel like one if that makes sense.

Ohhhh, I see what you mean.

I have heard of the Mere Green and Sutton ones. I've been to the Quinto Lounge, although not for food.

I just didn't realise they were all a group.

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Chesters is a great place to eat and does indeed cater brilliantly for vegetarian and vegans. Love it there even though I always forget about it when thinking of places to eat out!

Not sure if already been mentioned, but Goodfellas do a vegan pizza which I had for the first time last night and thought it was delicious. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ohhhh, I see what you mean.

I have heard of the Mere Green and Sutton ones. I've been to the Quinto Lounge, although not for food.

I just didn't realise they were all a group.

The Mere Green one is nice for 'norma' (;)) l food as well. I sometimes have a brekkie in there if I fancy a change from the spoonys over the way! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â