Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The Mere Green one is nice for 'norma' (;)) l food as well. I sometimes have a brekkie in there if I fancy a change from the spoonys over the way! 

Bout to say, the 'lounge' group do great a great veggie breakfast and egg's benedict. 

At least the Loco Lounge in Kings Heath do...

• Like 1

Living in central London is an absolute blessing for being a meat avoider. Many places have at least good options and there’s always places with specific menus or dedicated restaurants within short distance.

Pizza, curry and thai food anywhere in the country though, easy and delicious for a vegetarian.

Edited by a m ole

24 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Bout to say, the 'lounge' group do great a great veggie breakfast and egg's benedict. 

At least the Loco Lounge in Kings Heath do...

OK I'll bite, wtf is a veggie eggs benedict? Please don't tell me they replace the ham with spinach, they'd be morons if they did

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Living in central London is an absolute blessing for being a meat avoider. Many places have at least good options and there’s always places with specific menus or dedicated restaurants within short distance.

Pizza, curry and thai food anywhere in the country though, easy and delicious for a vegetarian.

Bristol is pretty good for gentle eating too.

7 hours ago, bickster said:

OK I'll bite, wtf is a veggie eggs benedict? Please don't tell me they replace the ham with spinach, they'd be morons if they did

I think so man... I'm sorry. I've never had it. Don't hurt me. 

53 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I think so man... I'm sorry. I've never had it. Don't hurt me. 

Haha, dickheads, that's Eggs Florentine, a dish that has its own name in its own right and has been around since forever.

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha, dickheads, that's Eggs Florentine, a dish that has its own name in its own right and has been around since forever.

And is DISGUSTING. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You ok, hun?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

The problem with veggie pizza is it usually means it's covered in onion and tomato, neither of which I'm fond of. Tomatos I can stomach, onions I can't unless they're really really cooked. So a veggie pizza will just be a margarita for me I imagine.

Love a good chickpea curry though so that won't be an issue.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The problem with veggie pizza is it usually means it's covered in onion and tomato, neither of which I'm fond of. Tomatos I can stomach, onions I can't unless they're really really cooked. So a veggie pizza will just be a margarita for me I imagine.

Love a good chickpea curry though so that won't be an issue.

Tomatoes on a pizza are shit. They make everything wet.

There's a pizza place with a veggie pizza over here; 'green pizza'.

Broccoli, courgette, spinach, oregano and feta

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And is DISGUSTING. 

Indeed, I'd much rather have the Muffins, Eggs and hollandaise sauce on their own, than polluting it with Popeye Weed.

I don't mind Popeye Weed in small doses, usually in a curry but straight up as an item in its own right, nah

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Indeed, I'd much rather have the Muffins, Eggs and hollandaise sauce on their own, than polluting it with Popeye Weed.

I don't mind Popeye Weed in small doses, usually in a curry but straight up as an item in its own right, nah

Weirdly, I can tolerate it raw, but the instant you heat it, even slightly, it turns into that slimy shit that gives off the gag-inducing stink. 

Spinach is brilliant.

Onions are great.

Mushrooms are killer.

The only things I don't really like are Sprouts and Parsnips, and I'll still give them a go every now and again to see if my pallet has taken to them.

I used to really not enjoy Olives, but I kept eating them, and now they are absolutely delicious and one of my favourite foods.  

Stop being children. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Weirdly, I can tolerate it raw, but the instant you heat it, even slightly, it turns into that slimy shit that gives off the gag-inducing stink. 

I don't mind it raw either but generally I agree on the cooked sludge

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Spinach is brilliant.

Onions are great.

Mushrooms are killer.

The only things I don't really like are Sprouts and Parsnips, and I'll still give them a go every now and again to see if my pallet has taken to them.

I used to really not enjoy Olives, but I kept eating them, and now they are absolutely delicious and one of my favourite foods.  

Stop being children. 

I'm the same. Stuff I don't like I tend to revisit.

I used to hate mushrooms but love them now.

Onions and tomatos used to be total no gos, but I can stomach them now. I really only struggle with them raw or undercooked.
Well cooked or in a sauce and it's not bother.

I haven't mastered olives and parsnips yet. I really really hate them. Like you I go back to them but I just can't take to them at all.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm drawing up a list of all you parsnip haters, you don't deserve to use our oxygen

I want to like them.

A roasted parsnip looks like it should be so nice.

But then you bite into it and it tastes like death.

Â