Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Have you checked that you are actually not a goat?

Maybe you are a goat.

You are kidding, right? I think you’ve got the wrong poster. I’ve always suspected @BillyShears would be the most likely Satyr or faun.

carrots.

• Haha 1

My gf ordered the vegetarian breakfast in there once when it was basically the only thing available at the airport.

The miserable middle aged bloke who brought it over looked at it in disgust and said "enjoy your...whatever that is". British customer service at its best. 

• Haha 2

Is it was a Wetherspoons at an airport then it was more like Eastern European customer service at its best :P

Edited by tonyh29

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

possibly one of the most depressing broken britain sentences ever tapped in to VT, and I remember voinjama being shit on by the bloke that shagged his own auntie 

Washed it down with a pint of carling... at 8am!

I didn't really (unlimited coffee), but I'll stand up for spoons - food is ok and its cheap.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Vegetarian breakfast...  Vegetarian lasagne.... vegetarian spag bol... seriously, why bother imitating meat dishes, really don't get that.

I don't think 'spoons discriminate. The whole menu is an imitation of actual food.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Vegetarian breakfast...  Vegetarian lasagne.... vegetarian spag bol... seriously, why bother imitating meat dishes, really don't get that.

Because being vegetarian doesn't mean people stop liking lasagne? 

There are plenty of plant based meals with their own origin, which I enjoy frequently. Sometimes I fancy a lasagne or sausage sandwich, what's the problem? Is it as tasty as the original? Sometimes, sometimes not. Are there more nutritious and enjoyable meals, that don't imitate meat? Definitely. Sometimes it hits the spot though. 

Disgust with the meat industry doesn't mean I don't enjoy the flavours (or imitations thereof) of meat dishes. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

i think the answer is because they’re delicious.

why not try a lasagne or spag bol without vegetables?

just a load of dry mince and pasta, mmm lovely.

also, what about ‘breakfast’ is specifically a meat dish ?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Washed it down with a pint of carling... at 8am!

I didn't really (unlimited coffee), but I'll stand up for spoons - food is ok and its cheap.

I've only ever been in 2 'spoons and in both of them you had to keep moving or your feet stuck to the carpet, both of them had bars too sticky to put your hands on, so I've not bothered trying a third one.

There's one at a set of lights on my commute in to work and at 7:45am there's a huddle of scruffy pensioners outside waiting for it to open. Makes my heart sink every time. 

If the company can't organise a basic front of house cleaning regime, **** knows what happens out of sight in the kitchen.

And the owner's an absolute super tool of the highest order. I expect he's another one that'll be **** off to europe to live as soon as everything's turned to passport blue coloured shit.

So overall, I'm not a fan of the piss poor alcoholics' crutch of a sprawling corporate wank stain of a pub chain.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Because being vegetarian doesn't mean people stop liking lasagne? 

There are plenty of plant based meals with their own origin, which I enjoy frequently. Sometimes I fancy a lasagne or sausage sandwich, what's the problem? Is it as tasty as the original? Sometimes, sometimes not. Are there more nutritious and enjoyable meals, that don't imitate meat? Definitely. Sometimes it hits the spot though. 

Disgust with the meat industry doesn't mean I don't enjoy the flavours (or imitations thereof) of meat dishes. 

It's the equivalent of buying knock off clobber.

You can try and convince yourself you're wearing Ralph Lauren, but at the end of the day, your horse has only got three legs. 

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It's the equivalent of buying knock off clobber.

You can try and convince yourself you're wearing Ralph Lauren, but at the end of the day, your horse has only got three legs. 

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Quorn 'Mince', Veggi 'sausages', Soy 'Bacon' or anything of that ilk is by definition an 'imitation', aka a knock-off, aka not the real thing.You're literally eating fake meat. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A much better analogy is a lesbian, who doesn’t want real cock but still uses a cock shaped dildo as she still likes 8inches inside her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Quorn 'Mince', Veggi 'sausages', Soy 'Bacon' or anything of that ilk is by definition an 'imitation', aka a knock-off, aka not the real thing.You're literally eating fake meat. 

Sure it's imitating meat. What's the problem? 

Calling it 'knock off' and comparing it to people trying to buy poor quality imitation status symbols solely due to low price is fairly derogatory and completely misses the point of why so many people eat them, which is why I don't care for the comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sure it's imitating meat. What's the problem? 

Calling it 'knock off' and comparing it to people trying to buy poor quality imitation status symbols solely due to low price is fairly derogatory and completely misses the point of why so many people eat them, which is why I don't care for the comparison. 

There isn't a problem, if people want to eat fake meat that's ok by me. I made a half-jokey analogy and you didn't like it. It wasn't intended to be derogatory in a nasty way. I stand by it though. I'm sure there's loads of great food you can have as a veggie/vegan, so why eat 'imitation' meat dishes?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Because they're nice and they don't have meat in them.

Â