Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

And in the real world, I'd be more likely to eat Pepper and Mushroom Chilli than I would something called a vegetarian chilli. 

Me too. I like peppers and mushrooms. But the 'v' word to me smacks of telling you what it isn't, rather than what it is

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I was pescatarian for 3 years and the only crap thing Quorn made was the fake bacon. Literally everything else they made was lovely. 

As already said, there are loads of specifically veggie dishes that are amazing but sometimes you still want a sausage sarnie or southern fried ‘chicken’ dippers and if you don’t eat meat then the quorn alternatives do the job.

Also, Linda McCartneys meat free 1/4lb burgers are the fake dogs bollocks.

Yes, this is me basically. If I had no choice, I'd maybe eat meat, but given a choice I don't, I eat veggie food and (sometimes) fishes.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes, this is me basically. If I had no choice, I'd maybe eat meat, but given a choice I don't, I eat veggie food and (sometimes) fishes.

Veggie food. Veggie? Why can't you just say what's in it? ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tonight I'm making this veggie shepherd's pie recipe for dinner. Partly because I've made it before and it's delicious. Partly just to annoy @bickster ;) 

Sounds minging, as would anything that is essentially a load of mush topped by mashed potatoes

I'd also argue that cottage pie would be a more suitable name or even arable farmers pie :crylaugh:

• Like 1

That actually looks quite nice. If I wasn't so lazy I'd make more of an effort to track stuff like that down, but at the moment with little time in the evenings I end up just doing bulk cookings once or twice a week. I'm really **** bored of soup, however efficient it is. and VEGAN :o thinking about it. Blimey. 

Right, I am extending a challenge to myself. I will cook that this week and test out the claim. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sounds minging, as would anything that is essentially a load of mush topped by mashed potatoes

Your attitude to food is worse than my 3 year old's :lol: 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bickster said:

really don't eat much in the way of ground down and pumped out chunks of beef packaged in a protective atmosphere with a label on it saying ‘minced beef’.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

really don't eat much in the way of ground down and pumped out chunks of beef packaged in a protective atmosphere with a label on it saying ‘minced beef’.

correct, same goes for any meat product containing the word mince

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

but at the moment with little time in the evenings I end up just doing bulk cookings once or twice a week.

This tends to be what I do for the most part, it just makes sense, saves time and it's usually a lot cheaper. I make a massive batch of chili or curry at least once a week

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I bet you just eat crisps & tinned sausages. :P 

I haven't eaten tinned sausages since I was a student. Two tins of hot dogs, One tin of chopped tomatoes and lots of chilli powder served with toast because rice was too complicated

EDIT: I do eat crisps but I can generally take them or leave them

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I haven't eaten tinned sausages since I was a student. Two tins of hot dogs, One tin of chopped tomatoes and lots of chilli powder served with toast because rice was too complicated

You are culturally equivalent to a Bourbon Buscuit :lol: 

Oh my days. 

Â