Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

9 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm sure there's loads of great food you can have as a veggie/vegan, so why eat 'imitation' meat dishes?

For the reasons I outlined in the post you first replied to! 

11 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

There isn't a problem, if people want to eat fake meat that's ok by me. I made a half-jokey analogy and you didn't like it. It wasn't intended to be derogatory in a nasty way. I stand by it though. I'm sure there's loads of great food you can have as a veggie/vegan, so why eat 'imitation' meat dishes?

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because they're nice and they don't have meat in them.

• Like 3

I love normal lasagne and veggie lasagne is banging.

And FWIW I've never seen or had one that has quorn in it - it just has layers of various veg instead.

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ok point taken. My bad, fake meat is delicious and your horses all have 4 legs. I should've left it. 

I don't think anybody is saying it's delicious. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

The point is it's not disgusting, it still tastes pretty nice.

So a vegetarian can enjoy a lasagne or a sausage sandwich or a chilli without having to eat a dead animal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ok point taken. My bad, fake meat is delicious and your horses all have 4 legs. I should've left it. 

you know a veggie meal doesn’t mean just replacing the meat with an imitation product?

Also vegan burgers and sausages made from lentils and other real veg are great and in no way a ‘fake meat’ but a product in themselves.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

you know a veggie meal doesn’t mean just replacing the meat with an imitation product?

Absolutely no-one said that. You are Donald Trump I claim my $5

I was pescatarian for 3 years and the only crap thing Quorn made was the fake bacon. Literally everything else they made was lovely. 

As already said, there are loads of specifically veggie dishes that are amazing but sometimes you still want a sausage sarnie or southern fried ‘chicken’ dippers and if you don’t eat meat then the quorn alternatives do the job.

Also, Linda McCartneys meat free 1/4lb burgers are the fake dogs bollocks.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

2 of my favorite - "The Impossible Burger" and the "Beyond Meat burger." Not sure of their availability in the UK.

Didn't watch the video because even if they were made of meat they look disgusting... they've got lettuce on them and tomatoes cut really thick and even the onions are cut too thick. Grim

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely no-one said that. You are Donald Trump I claim my $5

yes he did, he said veggie lasagne is an imitation meat dish. It doesn’t have to have any ‘fake meat’ in it at all.

aubergine and mushroom aren’t imitating anything.

and what the **** are you taking about, Donald Trump?! ?

Just now, a m ole said:

yes he did, he said veggie lasagne is an imitation meat dish. It doesn’t have to have any ‘fake meat’ in it at all.

aubergine and mushroom aren’t imitating anything.

and what the **** are you taking about, Donald Trump?! ?

I'd suggest you re-read what you wrote

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Again no-one said this, we may have talked about specific vegetarian meals that were based on well known meat dishes but that isn't what you said, no-one said what you said, its a ploy right out of the Donald trump playbook, hence my comment

• Haha 1

Â