What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I'm not a massive fan of dark beers or porters/stouts. After sampling plenty of ales, I always gravitate towards the pale/light/golden ones. 

However, as dark beers go, the plum porter was ok. 

Edited by Xela

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I approve! Regular brew for me, one of the nicest dark beers you can routinely get in the supermarkets, and there's a few places around here that do it in casks as well. St Peter's brewery do a plum porter too, but it's not a patch on this. 7/10 is probably fair, doesn't blow you away, but if you can find a better porter/stout in the shops, I'd be surprised.

Correction on my post in another thread, it's a cherry and *cognac* infused stout I have waiting for me, not bourbon. This will be my Christmas beer, I think

IMG_20211015_123319.jpg

What freaks drank that Rhubarb shite dry?

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I do find the more of these types of drinks I have it makes it harder to go back to normal stuff when I’m at normal pubs. It’s made me look like a snob now but I can’t go back to common swill that the little folk drink. 

Hipster! :P

Luckily most pubs now tend to have some good quality cask stuff on offer, even a few new craft ones as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

What freaks drank that Rhubarb shite dry?

Not me. It was already gone before I got there :(

I've had some before though, it's a rhubarb and custard sour. Not sour at all, from memory, it was like a soft drink, bit of a dessert in a glass.

Completely unrelated to yesterday's posts, but my head is killing me. Must be coming down with something

Edited by Davkaus

Wasn't going to have a beer tonight... that view changed about 5pm

Just necked this:

Does what it says on the tin. Citrus. IPA. Session-able. Yes to all. 

Solid effort... but won't live long in the memory. 

W0WW7mN.png

• Like 2

Espresso martini in canned beer form this. Absolutely delicious. Should be able to get Stu Mostow in the UK as well.

95-EC4-EDB-A2-E8-426-B-9-A60-EB2-EACD740

My love of thick, stickly sweet imperial stouts is well documented but it was actually nice to have a thin bodied dark beer that didn’t feel like it was going to give you diabetes.

• Like 1

I'm back from my sojourn in Norfolk. 

My choice of tipples for my stay:

My favourite:

qK0Ixk0.png

Also enjoyed:

BpvEHFg.jpeg

b35azUj.jpeg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

Friend brought over some Cobras last weekend. I ran out of other beer in the fridge during the game so thought 'why not' and now I'm even more furious with my brain than with this football club.

I just don't think I can go back to a generic lager.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Friend brought over some Cobras last weekend. I ran out of other beer in the fridge during the game so thought 'why not' and now I'm even more furious with my brain than with this football club.

I just don't think I can go back to a generic lager.

Fancy a Carling? 

I was chatting to my Dad about beer last week. I don't think I tried cask ales until I was late 20s / early 30s. I was always a lager drinker with the odd nitro keg ale like Guinness or Caffreys (that was massively popular when I first started drinking). 

I put it down to my Dad being a lager drinker and not being a fan of cask. When he first started drinking in the 60s, he said the only choice was Ansells mild or bitter and M&B mild or bitter. Dad said it was weak as piss and flat, so tried lager once (Davenports) and was hooked. I think he's too old to change his ways now though! 

Â