What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3c328508bc4f4285dc9b9fd5b3951ab33128d9c8

'Do Stuff Together', a New England pale ale by Mikkeller. I don't have very much to say about this, except that it was very pleasant to drink, something which is very typical of this brewery IMO. Instead, I just plead for them - should they ever somehow land on this page through the vagueries of Google search - to start selling their previous Marks and Spencer specials - like Wood Will Fall Down and Hair In The Mailbox - again, because I miss them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I found a local non alcoholic IPA that tastes unbelievably similar to regular IPA. Really happy with this find!

Yep there’s a few I’ve tried now and they are all very good. Not like the low/no alcohol beers of the past

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/08/2021 at 01:23, HanoiVillan said:

3c328508bc4f4285dc9b9fd5b3951ab33128d9c8

'Do Stuff Together', a New England pale ale by Mikkeller. I don't have very much to say about this, except that it was very pleasant to drink, something which is very typical of this brewery IMO. Instead, I just plead for them - should they ever somehow land on this page through the vagueries of Google search - to start selling their previous Marks and Spencer specials - like Wood Will Fall Down and Hair In The Mailbox - again, because I miss them.

Hair In The Mailbox was the one I'm thinking about when I tell people about how good it is/was to get Mikkeller from M&S in stations, the last time of which was yesterday.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 02:52, maqroll said:

I found a local non alcoholic IPA that tastes unbelievably similar to regular IPA. Really happy with this find!

On 07/08/2021 at 08:47, bickster said:

Yep there’s a few I’ve tried now and they are all very good. Not like the low/no alcohol beers of the past

These are the absolute kings of NA IPAs:

Coast-Beer-Co---Alcohol-Free-Craft-Beer-

• Like 1

Couple of new ones over the last couple of nights:

demolen-rasputin-stout-500.jpg

Talked about a couple from De Molen earlier in the year, and liked one of them a lot, so I got this one, 'Rasputin', which is a stout with a taste of caramel and chocolate. It was expensive but tasted very sophisticated, a nice balance of flavours. I'm not sure why the bottle announces it as 'stout-ish' but it had a slightly later taste than some stouts.

Screenshot2020-11-30at18.13.23_197x.png?

'Vanilla More' by Maltgarden, an imperial stout with black bourbon Madagascan vanilla beans. I remember @fightoffyour being a bit down on Maltgarden, a brewery I haven't tried anything from before, but I really liked this. A very strong taste of vanilla and a slight taste of chocolate. Did a fine job. It wasn't cheap; £9 from Cotteridge Wines, but I don't think that's an unfair price given how good it was.

Will try to get both of these again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Couple of new ones over the last couple of nights:

demolen-rasputin-stout-500.jpg

Talked about a couple from De Molen earlier in the year, and liked one of them a lot, so I got this one, 'Rasputin', which is a stout with a taste of caramel and chocolate. It was expensive but tasted very sophisticated, a nice balance of flavours. I'm not sure why the bottle announces it as 'stout-ish' but it had a slightly later taste than some stouts.

Screenshot2020-11-30at18.13.23_197x.png?

'Vanilla More' by Maltgarden, an imperial stout with black bourbon Madagascan vanilla beans. I remember @fightoffyour being a bit down on Maltgarden, a brewery I haven't tried anything from before, but I really liked this. A very strong taste of vanilla and a slight taste of chocolate. Did a fine job. It wasn't cheap; £9 from Cotteridge Wines, but I don't think that's an unfair price given how good it was.

Will try to get both of these again.

That was around the time they were still quite decent. Pretty old that one but not a problem with stouts.

• Like 1

St Pierre, Belgian feisty blonde at a respectable 6.2% with a champagne type cork for sense of occasion. Nice 750 ml size, got 8 of them for today,  maybe overkill, we shall see

BE24F08A-4CFF-4B15-85F3-91132A70C2A1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a 6 pack of mythos on special offer, it's a 5/10 beer at best, seemingly the sun, sand and pool seemingly distorted my memory of it

I took some efes out of the trolley and put them back because the mythos was cheaper, regretting that although that could be another holiday special 

Lined up a blue lagoon for afterwards, the missus has talked it up for ages but the little un was up at 5am and the missus couldnt hack it and gone to bed

Blue lagoon watching foreign footy come 11pm on a saturday night feels so wrong it's right 

Â