What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 04/11/2021 at 17:14, Xela said:

They have a Norse Star III at Morrisons - a black forest imperial stout at 9%

Popped over to my local Morrissons for one of these. Not only do they not have it, they've replaced the beer shelves with fridges, so now have a smaller range, and only have one sour down from 4-5, and gone are the 5-6 imperial stouts, leaving only a single stout, which, to add insult to injury, is a milk stout. Still about 40 generic "craft" IPAs with cans more interesting than the contents, though.

P84WYjN.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Popped over to my local Morrissons for one of these. Not only do they not have it, they've replaced the beer shelves with fridges, so now have a smaller range, and only have one sour down from 4-5, and gone are the 5-6 imperial stouts, leaving only a single stout, which, to add insult to injury, is a milk stout. Still about 40 generic "craft" IPAs with cans more interesting than the contents, though.

Wild Beer Millionaire? 

I don't want to add insult to injury but I went to a different Morrisons this afternoon (Tamworth) and I saw the aforementioned imperial stout. I didn't get it - too strong for me, but did pick up a Brewdog Layer Cake at 7%. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wild Beer Millionaire? 

I don't want to add insult to injury but I went to a different Morrisons this afternoon (Tamworth) and I saw the aforementioned imperial stout. I didn't get it - too strong for me, but did pick up a Brewdog Layer Cake at 7%. 

Bingo!

I actually think the beer selection being trashed is going to cost them my business, it's the main thing that distinguishes the supermarkets for me. Morrisons have been the top dogs based on my local branch for the last couple of years, but I might have to pop into Asda or Tesco next week and compare the wares!

• Like 1

Just drinking one of these.

Chocolate and marshmallow stout - 7%

I have to say, its bloody lovely! A dessert in a can. Proper creamy mouthfeel (KW.jpg). 

IVicWDN.jpeg

8/10. WB

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why is beer that doesn’t taste like beer a thing?

Innovation? 

To be honest, when i'm out drinking with mates it will probably be good quality lager or hand pulled cask conditioned ales. They taste better in a pub. Having the same drinks in a can/bottle aren't the same. You can't replicate the taste of Wye Valley Butty Bach or a Purity Bunny Hop at home. 

So at home I'll try the weird and wacky adjunct beers. The Layer Cake I posted earlier... lovely drink, but certainly not one to feast on when out with the lads. Maybe as a nightcap at the end of the night! Some work really well, some don't. I enjoy the process of finding out :)

I'm off work again in a couple of weeks.. i'll head out somewhere, stay in a pub and gorge on cask ales again! 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2021 at 21:29, Xela said:

My mate had an imperial stout tonight - Vocation Imperial Chocolate and Banana Stout. 11.4% 

Think it was £6 for a 1/3 pint! 

What do you know.

For some reason I fancy a stiff drink this afternoon, so I headed across town to the big Tesco, got my hands on a couple of cans of this as well as Death Star, as well as some sours and DIPAs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What do you know.

For some reason I fancy a stiff drink this afternoon, so I headed across town to the big Tesco, got my hands on a couple of cans of this as well as Death Star, as well as some sours and DIPAs

I picked up a few new (to me) cans in Mozzos today in Lichfield, including the Camden Marmite ale. 

• Like 1

Â