What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

9 hours ago, bickster said:

WTF is British Lager? A shit approximation of German Beer  by a bloke called Dave from Bedford

Its a pint of lager, while you stare at people and ask accusingly if they are looking at their missus.

• Haha 4

First drink in about 5 weeks last night. At a sports and social club north east of Preston. I have to say I probably had a glass and a half of wine too many. Still, as my wife said as she forced it on me, we are on our holidays. (Not Preston, this is a half way point to Cumbria). 

Fell down a rabbit hole of classic ale adverts! I'm sure I vaguely recall some of them!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

Having a homemade coffee and black Cardamom spiced rum and coke. 

First stab at making spiced rum (just added coffee beans and black cardamom pods with a tablespoon of sugar per 200g) and it’s a winner - a lovely Smokey and coffee aroma which goes well with a splash of coke. 

tomorrow I’ll be sampling the ginger, lemongrass and coconut effort with apple juice!

Edited by theboyangel

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I posted that a few weeks ago, have you tried it, @Xela?

Not sure I'd get through 4 cans of it, but it's a weird, smokey beer that's worth trying befoire they inevitably discontinue it. 

I haven't -will pick one up if I do see it. Must have missed your post on it... not been as active on this thread as much this year! 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had one of these earlier. 

7/10. Would sup again. 

HfwUxhx.jpg

I approve! Regular brew for me, one of the nicest dark beers you can routinely get in the supermarkets, and there's a few places around here that do it in casks as well. St Peter's brewery do a plum porter too, but it's not a patch on this. 7/10 is probably fair, doesn't blow you away, but if you can find a better porter/stout in the shops, I'd be surprised.

Correction on my post in another thread, it's a cherry and *cognac* infused stout I have waiting for me, not bourbon. This will be my Christmas beer, I think

IMG_20211015_123319.jpg

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â