What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I like that one but that can seems different

Yes, it has changed in the last 12 months. Most 'craft' breweries seem to change the design on their cans every other year or so for some reason. 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Asahi Super Dry 620ml | Sainsbury's

All the time at the moment.

I do like Asahi. Always reminds me of messy nights in Hong Kong! Takes me back to Joe Bananas bar and hot summer evenings. Ahhhh!

Nostalgia. Not what it used to be. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

That Camden Marmite Ale... it's not very marmite, I mean it tastes suspiciously of beer, it's like they've used it as a colouring

OK, yes you can just about taste the marmite if you use your imagination but I suspect if you tasted it blind and were asked what it was flavoured with, you struggle to come up with Marmite. Having said that it sort of tastes a bit like the smell of yeast in a brewery tour and as marmite is just yeast anyway, it's just a dark yeasty beer.

Its ok though but it does have a very dry aftertaste but I'd drink it again, I've tasted much worse

• Like 1

My work as some sort of birthday thing from October had a box from Beer52 delivered today. 8 cans and a brief look at them, they all appear to be beer flavoured. As I am on a diet they won't be drunk for a while, regardless they are more than welcomed. Next time I go into the garage I will get a photo of the names. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My work as some sort of birthday thing from October had a box from Beer52 delivered today. 8 cans and a brief look at them, they all appear to be beer flavoured. As I am on a diet they won't be drunk for a while, regardless they are more than welcomed. Next time I go into the garage I will get a photo of the names. 

I probably either have them all under my table or they will be in the next couple of weeks, I'm still subscribed since last year, saving the next couple of boxes for Xmas now

• Like 1

Margarita.  Original recipe:  Nothing but tequila, Cointreau, fresh squeezed lime juice and just a touch of simple syrup.  Shaken over ice and strained.  Not some sweet confection like you usually get at Mexican restaurants (do you have many of those in the UK?)

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

We used to have a couple of very good ones up here. Neither is still open and those that exist now are utterly crap

Been looking for a good one in the Midlands for a long time, it's surprising how few there are that are not a] chains like Chiquitos, b] restaurants that do generic 'latin' fare, c] food court-type places. I guess there's just not enough Mexican immigrants in the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Very few good ones, especially outside London IMHO

Well, that completely scuppers any remote possibility that might have existed that I would ever move over there.  (I can hear the collective sigh of relief all the way over here).

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Well, that completely scuppers any remote possibility that might have existed that I would ever move over there.  (I can hear the collective sigh of relief all the way over here).

A new Taco Bell is about to open in Sutton Coldfield ;) 

Â