What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

errrrrr

Milk contains lactose, but lactose doesn't contain milk.

Without doubt but that really isn't an answer to the question now is it. DO you really want Blandy to say "some constituents of milk" everytime he says it

Does cheese contain milk? Does whey contain milk? Do curds contain milk? Essentially, no milk, no milk stout

Anyway enough of this silly argument

I like Milk Stout

Not to labour the point but...

It's factually incorrect to say milk = lactose. One is a chemical and the other is a substance that contains the chemical. 

No one is making a stout then chucking milk in it. 

They're adding lactose.

Next you'll be telling me that a milkshake IPA contains actual milkshake. 

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Without doubt but that really isn't an answer to the question now is it. DO you really want Blandy to say "some constituents of milk" everytime he says it

Does cheese contain milk? Does whey contain milk? Do curds contain milk? Essentially, no milk, no milk stout

Anyway enough of this silly argument

I like Milk Stout

Turns out the intolerants already are being catered for.

Milk Stouts Brewed with Dairy Alternatives

Often when a dairy-free individual mentions their diet choice, people wonder how they could go without cheese. But for beer lovers, the hardest part about skipping the dairy could be missing out on the luscious, dessert-like milk stout.

America’s small and independent craft breweries are known for innovation, so it’s no surprise that brewers are using popular alternatives like soy and almonds to create that milk stout experience. Here’s a look and a handful of milk stouts that craft brewers are serving for dairy-free beer lovers.

Just drank it for the sake of experimentation. It's very nice but its not got quite the right level of sweetness to replicate Milk Stout properly imo

Its a good attempt and it gets in the ball park but doesn't quite hit it out of the park

• Like 1

Hey Heineken, why don’t you make the shit lager with alcohol taste like the non-alcohol one. 

Out for a meal with the missus and daughter in t’pub up the road but I’m working tonight so can’t drink alcohol but I’m shocked this is nice and very malty.

177890F4-D915-4547-9741-CE048103810D.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hey Heineken, why don’t you make the shit lager with alcohol taste like the non-alcohol one. 

Out for a meal with the missus and daughter in t’pub up the road but I’m working tonight so can’t drink alcohol but I’m shocked this is nice and very malty.

177890F4-D915-4547-9741-CE048103810D.jpeg

Reminds me of when I went to Ibiza training with work, amazing holiday (I mean a graft). Hard Rock hotel, non alcoholic Heineken, American girls.😉

More non-alco beer.

This stuff actually tastes brilliant, I'm amazed at how nice it tastes. Under0.5% alcohol and only 61 calories a can

I bought this in M&S I think for about £1:50 a can

Thoroughly recommend this as a non-alco beer. they also have a range of different ones

citra-paradiso.png?v=0&c_options=w_220

• Like 2

Elm-11-Stars-and-Other-Suns-416x728.jpg

'Stars are Other Suns', a fruited sour ale with guava, peach and mango flavours by Elm Eleven, a Swedish brewery. This was quite delicate for a sour, and in fact the name 'fruited sour ale' may suggest something fruitier rather than more sour, which would be true. It's very tropical, with not too much of a kick. I found it perfectly tasty and reasonable to drink, but at roughly £5.50 a bottle I'm not at all convinced it's good value for money at that price point.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

Hmm gonna scope out some of the above in tommorrows bevmo run, thanks all! 
Currently working my way though a six pack of Bear republic Hazy Ipa. Very nice. A nice juicy tasting hazy ipa. 

If you live in a legal country/state it also pairs particularly well with sativa.

1529165902_download-2021-07-25T165738_051.jpg.a333153c922ecbb893feb4a3b400b57c.jpg

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

Usually not a huge stout person but a friend of mine bought some Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout over and must admit they were pretty good.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

amundsen-sticky-little-fingers-beer.jpg?

Bought this for my birthday, didn't drink it then, did tonight. I didn't have a particularly good reason to open a £10 can of stout, but I did it anyway. This is 'Sticky Little Fingers' by Amundsen, which is - and I quote - a 'sticky toffee cinnabun ultra pastry stout'. If that sounds sweet and delicious and filling and incredibly **** rich, you would be correct. You're not going to get something this rich on your lips short of wrapping them around Jeff Bezos' button mushroom. 13.5% too! Current status: wobbled upstairs and semi-passed out on the study floor, but very frigging happy.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

On 26/07/2021 at 00:31, HanoiVillan said:

Elm-11-Stars-and-Other-Suns-416x728.jpg

'Stars are Other Suns', a fruited sour ale with guava, peach and mango flavours by Elm Eleven, a Swedish brewery. This was quite delicate for a sour, and in fact the name 'fruited sour ale' may suggest something fruitier rather than more sour, which would be true. It's very tropical, with not too much of a kick. I found it perfectly tasty and reasonable to drink, but at roughly £5.50 a bottle I'm not at all convinced it's good value for money at that price point.

Tried another of these Elm Eleven fruited sour ales today:

Elm-11-Another-Earth-416x728.jpg

In contrast to the muted reaction to the first one, this one was excellent. The flavours are raspberry, blackcurrant, vanilla and maple syrup, and though it was the same price as the first beer, unlike that one I didn't feel like I could get a beer with basically the same taste for half the price. This was something genuinely new, a really successful balance between the tartness of the fruit and the sweetness of the vanilla and the maple. Would recommend without hesitation, this was a top 20 beer.

• Like 1

Â