What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A normal night out tonight, pub and then a meal with a friend. It felt great to just be out. The beer was provided by Shipyard IPA, pedestrian I know but I like it. 

Nothing wrong with Shipyard, a very reliable standard IMO.

• Like 1

Nothing exotic tonight while out in Brum city centre, but some solid choices that I like:

Purity Longhorn IPA

Purity Lawless Lager

Freedom Four Lager

Lovely jubbly :cheers:

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

They won't have that chocolate/peanut stouit in my local Tesco as it's too small (basically a couple of dozen "bitters" and some shite by Brewdog is all they stock), but it looks right up my alley, might pop over to the big one at the weekend and try to pick some up :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They won't have that chocolate/peanut stouit in my local Tesco as it's too small (basically a couple of dozen "bitters" and some shite by Brewdog is all they stock), but it looks right up my alley, might pop over to the big one at the weekend and try to pick some up :D

My mate had an imperial stout tonight - Vocation Imperial Chocolate and Banana Stout. 11.4% 

Think it was £6 for a 1/3 pint! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

My mate had an imperial stout tonight - Vocation Imperial Chocolate and Banana Stout. 11.4% 

That stuff is delicious, rum barrel aged as well, but he got ripped off you can get a 500ml can of it for a fiver from my local wanky beer shop. And pubs wonder why they get less business than they used to.

I'd got a bit numb to it when I used to go out on monthly pub-crawls through the craft/microbrew bars of the city, and I don't begrudge paying a bit of a premium to drink out in a pub, but when they literally treble the price...You can understand when it's the mass produced consumer stuff with tight margins, but the obscene markup on already very expensive beer takes the piss.

I have paid £12 for a pint once, but it was directly from the brewer's pub, for a very limited run of imperial stout I knew I'd not get a better price on.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Mate

Next you will be signing off with KRO 😱

I dragged my knuckles on the ground and slurped my drink. I think I got away with it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That stuff is delicious, rum barrel aged as well, but he got ripped off you can get a 500ml can of it for a fiver from my local wanky beer shop. And pubs wonder why they get less business than they used to.

I'd got a bit numb to it when I used to go out on monthly pub-crawls through the craft/microbrew bars of the city, and I don't begrudge paying a bit of a premium to drink out in a pub, but when they literally treble the price...You can understand when it's the mass produced consumer stuff with tight margins, but the obscene markup on already very expensive beer takes the piss.

I have paid £12 for a pint once, but it was directly from the brewer's pub, for a very limited run of imperial stout I knew I'd not get a better price on.

One of the other guest beers on was this:

"TANK FLY BOSS WALK JAM NITTY GRITTY" - Pomona Island. Its a "Sour DIPA with raspberry, currants and green tea, served in 1/3 pint. 8%"

Sounds interesting. 

• Like 1

Pomona Island are great. Well they have a lot of beer names referencing such things as Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace (You And He Were Buddies, Weren’t You?) or indie music (It’s Never Been Like That - Phoenix), which I find particularly enticing.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Whereabouts was that? i know tilt have some cracking porters and stouts and they are around that price point.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Nothing exotic tonight while out in Brum city centre, but some solid choices that I like:

Purity Longhorn IPA

Purity Lawless Lager

Freedom Four Lager

Lovely jubbly :cheers:

Freedom and Lawless are cracking lagers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They have a Norse Star III at Morrisons - a black forest imperial stout at 9%

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Whereabouts was that? i know tilt have some cracking porters and stouts and they are around that price point.

Purecraft Bar - it was one of the guest beers. 

49 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When I go exotic, I put a lime in it.

You do you, mate, but I don't do cocktails.

Anyway, just opened a bottle of this. It's sat in my fridge for about 6 months because, well, just read it, but it was surprisingly refreshing.

I've posted before that I don't like Brett beers; their smell reminds me of horses, but the bergamot completely nullifies that, leaving a beer that while not delicious, gets put into the coveted category of "not as **** disgusting as I thought it'd be", 4/10.

The Earl - Blueprint No. 48 - Moncada Brewery | Photos - Untappd

• Like 2

Â