b35azUj.jpeg

All very good.

Next time see if you can get any of this stuff:

e700d0_0c0052f01e8c4d11afc81c77299b83d8~

• Like 2

Currently supping this (stock photo)

Mgn6V8Y.jpeg

Mango Pale Ale... mango puree and lactose in it. 5.4%

It's not bad. Bit of a bitter aftertaste but smells lovely. 7/10. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is a decent YT channel - they recently did a good 5 part documentary on cask. Well worth a watch if you are interested in cask.

• Like 1

In the meantime, had a coupe of ales this afternoon from my stash Both duplicates for me, but wanted to revisit them

2H9Uqbw.jpeg

and

ISwHNUy.jpeg

Drinking both side by side... the jam doughnut one is nice. In fact, it is very nice. A 9/10. The neapolitan ice cream one is ok, but loses this shoot out. 7/10

• Like 2

Had a rare visit to Sainsburys earlier and they had a few that I haven't tried. 

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

I liked all 3. Need to have the Urban fog again as managed to pierce it when I got home, so had to drink it prematurely and not chilled. It still went down well and had an interesting taste. 

I wasn't too hopeful with the White chocolate and raspberry milkshake IPA but actually really enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Had a rare visit to Sainsburys earlier and they had a few that I haven't tried. 

I liked all 3. Need to have the Urban fog again as managed to pierce it when I got home, so had to drink it prematurely and not chilled. It still went down well and had an interesting taste. 

I wasn't too hopeful with the White chocolate and raspberry milkshake IPA but actually really enjoyed it. 

Some interesting ones there. Quite fancy trying the Tony's Hopolonely, but they don't have it at the Morrisons I use. They have a marshmallow and chocolate stout called 'Layer Cake', which I haven't picked up yet, but will do so soon. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some interesting ones there. Quite fancy trying the Tony's Hopolonely, but they don't have it at the Morrisons I use. They have a marshmallow and chocolate stout called 'Layer Cake', which I haven't picked up yet, but will do so soon. 

It was only by chance I went in, as was visiting my Nan who needed some fags so went to the Maypole Sainsburys as its not far. They had a craft beer festival on so they were reduced too. 

I have had Layer Cake, thought it was OK. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2021 at 18:00, Xela said:

ISwHNUy.jpeg

Drinking both side by side... the jam doughnut one is nice. In fact, it is very nice. A 9/10. The neapolitan ice cream one is ok, but loses this shoot out. 7/10

I think this is one of my all time favourite "out in the garden on a hot sunny afternoon" drinks. Not too strong, lovely and refreshing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think this is one of my all time favourite "out in the garden on a hot sunny afternoon" drinks. Not too strong, lovely and refreshing.

It is lovely. Last year, when i first had it, I think I had it too cold. It numbed the taste of a bit. Had it cooler but not cold this time and the flavours were so much nicer. 

Just cracking open a nice porter now...

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had this before but one of my favourite porters

yOXuGrD.png

Don't know if ever had this before pal(Might not even be available in the UK but its Polish so maybe) but it is my favorite porter by far. Just wish it was easier to get as gets sold out quick whenever a beer store near get some in stock.

11374560149534.png.d45f1df50436e63659da454beb7ff8c6.png

• Like 1

Couple more to add to the list:

Fairly standard beer... not terrible, not great. 6/10

IGih24a.jpeg

Bit more exotic:

Papaya and Lime Gose. 

I like it. As expected, a sharp taste to it. 8/10 WB

HyhVA2M.jpeg

• Like 2

Does anyone watch this YT channel. Kind of quite handy as it reviews most of the new supermarket ones...

The host must drink 3 a day! He's put a bit of timber on over the years. Happens to the best of us. 

This one looks ideal for @Davkaus

• Thanks 1

Couple more from my stash today. Both from Wilde Child Brewery

Peach Milkshake IPA

Not sure why I ever purchased this as I don't like peach. That being said, its not too bad but I wouldn't buy it again. 

MME451y.png

Peanut Butter & Banana Porter

Preferred this one, but i'm still a bit unsure on porters and stouts. I've had better ones and not keen on the banana element in it. 

5YFXUKY.png

• Like 1

Â