What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is a staple in my house. Lovely stuff,  4.9% so it's basically a fruit juice.

Titanic - Plum Porter - 4.9% | The Black Toad

Locally we have a few Titanic pubs and I had a pint of that once. I say I had a pint. I ordered a pint of it. It wasn’t for me. 

59 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Locally we have a few Titanic pubs and I had a pint of that once. I say I had a pint. I ordered a pint of it. It wasn’t for me. 

No pressure @HanoiVillan, but you are going to need to pick a side.

• Haha 2

Being in Wales and with the Euros game on tonight, I'll be on whatever the pub is willing to pour into one of those 2-pint glasses. Had several 2-pint stouts on Saturday... rough aftermath, but totally worth it.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 18:55, Davkaus said:

This is a staple in my house. Lovely stuff,  4.9% so it's basically a fruit juice.

Titanic - Plum Porter - 4.9% | The Black Toad

Maybe one for the ttpyo thread, but it really bugs me - all these Stouts and Porters that are like "Plum" or "Coffee" or "Milk" or "Chocolate" and so on. FFS stop it at once and make beer flavoured beer. It's bad enough with IPAs and stuff, but stout FFS! Make it stop.

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

Milk

The others, sure, but the reference to 'Milk' in a stout is generally the type of stout, meaning lactose is added, rather than a flavouring.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

The others, sure, but the reference to 'Milk' in a stout is generally the type of stout, meaning lactose is added, rather than a flavouring.

Good point well made, Stefan....

But it's still got **** milk in it. I mean who puts milk in their beer? "I'll have a pint of IPA with a dash of milk please bar-keep"

36 minutes ago, blandy said:

But it's still got **** milk in it. I mean who puts milk in their beer? "I'll have a pint of IPA with a dash of milk please bar-keep"

It does add a creaminess to the beer, I find. The same in a pastry sour or a milkshake IPA 😜 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Milkshake IPAs are awesome!

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah, that Rhubarb Milkshake IPA that I had is hands down THE worst beer I've ever tasted

Well a rhubarb IPA doesn’t sound particularly appealing before you’ve even got round to the lactose.

This was excellent:

49-B51019-3970-4-DEB-9-F72-9-ED7-F3-FBF6

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

We went to the local pub last night for the first time in many years. It used to be a shithole under a variety of owners then the whole building got bought and it was closed down for a major refurb but not by a chain, just a married couple. They were only at the start of this when the pandemic originally closed everything down. It only opened again just before xmas, so was open a couple of weeks and had to shut again.

They've done a nice job with it and they have Wainwright as one of their cask ales. So I sank a few of those with my FIsh and Chips (no gravy offered, so thankfully I couldn't mark them down on that.) Nice beer garden with lots of space

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

We went to the local pub last night for the first time in many years. It used to be a shithole under a variety of owners then the whole building got bought and it was closed down for a major refurb but not by a chain, just a married couple. They were only at the start of this when the pandemic originally closed everything down. It only opened again just before xmas, so was open a couple of weeks and had to shut again.

They've done a nice job with it and they have Wainwright as one of their cask ales. So I sank a few of those with my FIsh and Chips (no gravy offered, so thankfully I couldn't mark them down on that.) Nice beer garden with lots of space

If they sold a pie or something then I’m sure you could’ve had some gravy, shame that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â