What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just now, av1 said:

Lagavulin 16 is the best pound for pound whisky in the world imo. I love islay whisky. If you like Lagavulin but would maybe like a little less peat, Bunnahabian 12 is a really nice drink (also one of my favourites). 

It's only subtly peated but its really smooth with a bit of a vanilla note. Its also one of the few whiskies (imo) that benefits from a small drop of water. It gives it quite a creamy finish. 

Blimey, you should work for them as im sold! ill see if the local has it sounds bloody lovely!!

and yes lagavulin is a lovely dram, they did a special distillers edition here (dont know if they did it in the uk) it was absolutely fantastic!

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've tried all the whisky and bells is the best I think.  Very nice drink. 

:trollface:

Funnily enough, in a recent blind tasting of various Scotches by so-called whisky experts, Bells came out very high. 

Personally, I find it unpleasantly sour. 

I like the idea of drinking whiskey. Sipping it by a roaring fire and what not but I had one night about three years ago where I'd just split up with an Iranian bird. I was just about to go on air to do a radio show and I went balls deep into a bottle of Jonny Walker. I fell asleep on air and woke up on the steps to a random apartment block wrapped in a Morrissey poster.

Needless to say whiskey is one of those drinks that fills me with fear just looking at it.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
Rudi Voller
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I like the idea of drinking whiskey. Sipping it by a roaring fire and what not but I had one night about three years ago where I'd just split up with an Iranian bird. I was just about to go on air to do a radio show and I went balls deep into a bottle of Jonny Walker. I fell asleep on air and woke up on the steps to a random apartment block wrapped in a Morrissey poster.

Needless to say whiskey is one of those drinks that fills me with fear just looking at it.

I'm like that with Jack Daniels. Many years ago, a mate and I went out and had an evening on the beer, and then went back and polished off a litre bottle of JD. I had a hangover that crippled me for two days. I've never touched it since - even the smell of it gives me a headache and makes me feel nauseous. 

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Suck it up buttercup!!!!

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm like that with Jack Daniels. Many years ago, a mate and I went out and had an evening on the beer, and then went back and polished off a litre bottle of JD. I had a hangover that crippled me for two days. I've never touched it since - even the smell of it gives me a headache and makes me feel nauseous. 

I'm the same with Southern Comfort.   Last final exam in college, night before I flew home for the winter holidays.  Woke up 1/2 hour before the cab arrived to take me to the airport, not yet packed.   Missed my flight, got sick in the airport waiting for the next flight and spent much of the flight with an air sick bag at the ready just in case.   Got off the plane and had a man approach me and tell me that he's a minister and could see the struggle in my life and assured me that it would all be ok if i turned my life over to Christ.   That last bit alone would be enough to keep me away from it forever.  I'm starting to feel sick just typing this...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Funnily enough, in a recent blind tasting of various Scotches by so-called whisky experts, Bells came out very high. 

Personally, I find it unpleasantly sour. 

A couple of years back i tried a bottle called highland black from Aldi on the grounds that it won a blind tasting award. 

It it actually very good for a blended whisky. The £12.99 price point pits it against the likes of bells, FG etc, and imo its a cut above all of those. 

Here

Despite being pitted against bottles four, five or six times the price, Aldi’s Highland black scooped a gold medal at the International Spirits Challenge. A mixture of malt and grain whiskies, it is rich with lots of fruit flavours. A remarkable whisky for the price.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Love JD and southern comfort. Southern comfort used to make me depressed though. 

I've never understood why different drinks have different effects on folk, its all alcohol after all. I have to steer clear of cider, it turns me into right knob. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I've never understood why different drinks have different effects on folk, its all alcohol after all. I have to steer clear of cider, it turns me into right knob. 

I know yeah. God knows why, but id drink it like a fish, but would be really down off it. Vodka was my nemesis.

On 20/12/2017 at 14:06, av1 said:

Lagavulin 16 is the best pound for pound whisky in the world imo. I love islay whisky. If you like Lagavulin but would maybe like a little less peat, Bunnahabian 12 is a really nice drink (also one of my favourites). 

It's only subtly peated but its really smooth with a bit of a vanilla note. Its also one of the few whiskies (imo) that benefits from a small drop of water. It gives it quite a creamy finish. 

A man of taste.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Vodka makes me aggressive 

i also find that the darker the rum the worse the hangover

First drink:

Buffalo Trace

Abuelo 7

Lemon

Sugar

Peychaud Bitters

Clarified Whole Milk

Rhubarb

Saffron

Amandin

Absinthe

I just saw Absinthe and ordered it, only now looking at the ingredients. Clarified milk? WTF. It was good though. Posh place, don't know how I got in tbh :D

Then it was G&T from a Sam Smiths pub for the rest of the evening. 

Tomorrow may be difficult.

• Like 1

Â