What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

The wife got me a whisky advent calendar as my main present this year.  I've not been drinking each one each day as I've had a cold and didn't want to waste them.

There have been some great drams though, and some fairly straight up and down ones too.  Tonight's Christmas bonus, though, is this blended 50 year old that retails at £600 for a full sized bottle.  Not opened it yet, but will do shortly...

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/the-blended-whisky-company/the-half-century-blend-whisky/

As the name suggests, this astounding expression was made with whiskies which were aged for over 50 years, resulting in an immensely expressive flavour profile showing off the unmistakable characteristics of incredible whisky distilled over half a century ago. Only 768 bottles were produced in the first batch.

• Like 3

Started with vodka, then lurched into gin.

There's Bombay London, Whitley Neill and JJ Whitley Nettle.

The nettle gin is very good!

Amazingly Sainsbury had 3 shades of Fever Tree. Not elderflower, but she's got cordial.

Eaten so much I can't see. Will try the Bombay tomorrow then.

Was going to purchase Yamazaki today in Sainsburys but at £45 a bottle plus the fact I have a cupboard full of single malts meant that I passed. Tempted.

Finishing the vinegar, sorry rioja, instead. 

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Whisky & soda, ice. Bog standard Grouse.

If you're putting soda in it there's no point spending a fortune on fancy scotch.

My business partner is quite the expert on scotch, and it blows his mind that I put an ice cube in mine.  My belief is that the right way to drink whisky is the way you enjoy it most.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

I think that was the Japanese whisky I had. Bloody lovely. 

Hibiki is lovely. This is my favorite Japanese whisky. Its got a lovely subtle  caramel and coffee note. Very Moorish.

japan_nik25.jpg

Edited by av1

Â