What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Can't go wrong with any of the Japanese Whiskies I've found.

My favourite Whisky is 'Hibiki' and likely will be for some time, but 'Yamazaki' is great too.. 'Coffey Malt' is a very fun one for me thanks to the caramel, but Japan are killing it in the Whisky world. 

Just tried 'the haig club' which the missus sister got me for xmas. Its absolutely grim. 

On the nose  -  It smells like a mix of Gin, Vodka and old spice. 

On the palate -  It starts with a watered down whisky flavour before floral gin notes take over. 

Finish - Imagine using the aforementioned old spice as mouthwash. 

Grim. The price of this is an absolute disgrace. Avoid. 

Edited by av1

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Can't go wrong with any of the Japanese Whiskies I've found.

My favourite Whisky is 'Hibiki' and likely will be for some time, but 'Yamazaki' is great too.. 'Coffey Malt' is a very fun one for me thanks to the caramel, but Japan are killing it in the Whisky world. 

Couldn't agree more with all of that. I can't recommend Japanese whisky enough for anyone that hasn't tried it.

27 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

What time did y’all start drinking. It’s 11:30am here and debating if I’m a lightweight or an alcoholic before I start!

You are already a lightweight, came in from doing a bit of work at 9:30, started drinking at 9:31

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are already a lightweight, came in from doing a bit of work at 9:30, started drinking at 9:31

Hairy muff!! Just finished my first Stella. Gonna beat the wife then get back on it!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just pausing after the multi-wine dinner and contemplating what to drink next. 

Maybe a brandy. Or a port. Or both. 

Both. But make sure you address everybody in a proper BBC accent whilst doing so. It’s only right. 

• Like 2

So far...

Chilean Merlot

Champagne

Some more fizzy stuff from Alsace

Too stuffed right now for cheese so the port will have to wait until later so I'm torn between a Shiraz or a G&T, veering rapidly towards the G&T except I'll need the kitchen and that's currently got a cleaning operation going on and I wouldn't be welcome (it's too small)

7 hours ago, av1 said:

Just tried 'the haig club' which the missus sister got me for xmas. Its absolutely grim. 

On the nose  -  It smells like a mix of Gin, Vodka and old spice. 

On the palate -  It starts with a watered down whisky flavour before floral gin notes take over. 

Finish - Imagine using the aforementioned old spice as mouthwash. 

Grim. The price if this is absolute disgrace. Avoid. 

I got a bottle from a client at work 

No booze for me so far... was to busy playing with the Christmas present to myself - a 3.2 litre German beast! :) Got a hell of a kick on it. 

• Like 1

Â