Match Thread: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Why do you even bother watching, you clearly have no interest?

Im a Villa fan of 28 years ...been to hundreds of games had season tickets in every part of the ground... have a corporate seat which I give away ... so if it is ok with you I'll voice my opinions just as much as the next man if that is alright ?! 

Anyways it was  not the best time to be so critical I get that .... just frustrations with Bruce and the way we play. 

• Like 3

If this goes to extra time were screwed.

We have not controlled the game and chased the whole half.

I'm afraid tired legs will undo us.

We need to offer some sort of a threat up front, Middlesborough CB's were parked on the half way line for 20 mins towards the end off the first half.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

A poor performance but it was to be expected when Steve Bruce is your manager. His whole philosophy would have been to keep a clean sheet tonight. Trying to score, or keep possession or be creative would have all been an afterthought.

If we get to the final get your mortgage and Fulham having over 65% possession.

• Like 1

They are scared of Grealish whenever he gets the ball.

Unfortunately hes spent too much time watching the ball sail over his head or doing shuttle runs 30 yards from his own goal to close down boro players.

• Like 1

Jedinak MOTM so far 

id rather it be grabban

i can only see us sitting deeper in the second half.

we ain’t all of a sudden gonna turn into Fulham. Looks like it’s protection of the lead and hope for a goal on the break.

Well I would say that was a bad half...

but then I look at the score and see it’s job half done.

but we won’t last another 45 mins like that. Need to get some bark, bite and thrust in our play.

• Like 1

Play like this against Fulham if we go through and they will pick us to pieces.

It's a good job Middlesborough are so pedestrian in the middle of the pitch.

My nan moves the ball quicker than Clayton and Howson.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Grabban is a total passenger.

I think he's done okay given the way we are playing. He's not able to hold the ball up so when we hoof continually he's useless. 

• Like 1

they don't look comfortable with the press we are getting them in, Bruce might need to bring on some fresh legs to keep that up, if we are sitting deep with 10 to go and they are still only a goal down it's going to be **** ugly as ****. You'd like to think we'll get a couple of clearish chances, we desperately need to be taking one,.

• Like 1

They haven’t had a chance so can’t complain too much but the problem is we are way to direct when we get the ball back.

It’s like we have to attack every time rather than just keeping the ball. We have the lead. There is no need to try kill the game off yet. 

Also missing Elmo. No real threat from the full backs.

its going to be a long 45 minutes.