New Manager Speculation

maqroll

18 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Henry (Only if Wenger as DoF), Benithez, Ranieri, Fonseca, or AVB I would be happy with as next manager!

... Also, Zidane's still looking for a club.

Lol. Or how about Guardiola? Mourinho perhaps? Maybe Ferguson would come out of retirement?

So many choices for a midtable Championship club who haven't got a pot to piss in.

:)

Edited by One For The Road

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Lol. Or how about Guardiola? Mourinho perhaps? Maybe Ferguson would come out of retirement?

So many choices for a midtable Championship club who haven't got a lot to piss in.

:)

How do you know we haven’t got a pot to **** in? We have new owners who are billionaires who have sanctioned big name loans from Premier League clubs, I’d wager that we have quite a lot of money, no proof obviously 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know we haven’t got a pot to **** in? We have new owners who are billionaires who have sanctioned big name loans from Premier League clubs, I’d wager that we have quite a lot of money, no proof obviously 

Ok let me rephrase it. We are a midtable Championship club who may have a pot to piss in but that's totally irrelevant given FFP regulations mean we can't use it. 

It all amounts to the same thing. The names on that list were nothing short of delusional given our current position.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was only at Brighton for 6 months, let’s wait and see, it’s probably not even true

They were in relegation zone when he was sacked with 3 wins all season and Hughton has been a better appointment

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ok let me rephrase it. We are a midtable Championship club who may have a pot to piss in but that's totally irrelevant given FFP regulations mean we can't use it. 

It all amounts to the same thing. The names on that list were nothing short of delusional given our current position.

Edit- seen the list now

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, rubberman said:

We have a massive pot, but have done all the pissing we're allowed to until we get promoted when it's time for a 5 pinter.

Exactly. Which equates to the same thing as not having a pot at all, in the context of hiring managers who will cost a fortune and want transfer budgets.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

we've got the pot....just no ****

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The DOF sets the whole long term footballing strategy and this goes way beyond the managerial appointments.

With the rise of technology and data analysis the role of a DOF in the modern game is no longer a luxury, but an essential, integral element.

For example, player recruitment is by committee consisting of the DOF, manager, scouts and data analysts. Sports science is the same (DOF, manager, coaches, data analysts, physios, nutritionists etc).

The days of one man controlling all aspects of the club are gone and if clubs don't start using this modern approach then they will get left behind. Villa is in danger of falling back, with the likes of Leicester, Southampton, Wolves and even Brentford embracing modern methods and reaping the benefits of it. To use a mobile phone comparison, Villa is the Nokia 3210 while other clubs are iPhones. We need to get smart and do so ASAP if we are going to have any chance of competing at a high level again. 

17wmt-articleLarge-v2.jpg

More like this.

• Like 1