New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they will go for a young type manager to furfill the new owners ambitious. I wouldn't be suprised if they did now go for Henry 

Compared to the summer, if it is a choice of Henry Vs Bruce, Henry is winning that one now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I don't think it's that linear - my assumption is that the DoF will find the manager - this may all be in place, it may not - but Edens said things won't happen overnight.

But that is linear isn't it ?

Ideally that should be the process - but things have fallen apart, and we now need evasive action  - farting around waiting for a dof - then appointing the same bloke we were going to appoint anyway seems a bit dithering to me.. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

But that is linear isn't it ?

Ideally that should be the process - but things have fallen apart, and we now need evasive action  - farting around waiting for a dof - then appointing the same bloke we were going to appoint anyway seems a bit dithering to me.. 

That's fair enough - I'm only hoping they know what they are doing. I remember their first interview and it honestly seemed like they'd just arrived and that this season to them was to be the season they put a structure in. Bruce had a chance to show what he could do, but now is the caretaker while they step up finding a replacement. Apparently interviews for DoF were all done a bit ago, so if the new DoF is worth their salt then waiting seems good to me. But yes, hopefully it's all about to happen, for the sanity of the fans.

20 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Go get Rodgers and be done with it. Should be gettable with Celtic not in CL. 

Thats my thoughts - But I am sensing are new owners aren't that savvy to pry a manager from another club.  Garcia looks the best bet - but wouldn't rule out a high stakes gamble on Henry   

Edited by hippo

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's fair enough - I'm only hoping they know what they are doing. I remember their first interview and it honestly seemed like they'd just arrived and that this season to them was to be the season they put a structure in. Bruce had a chance to show what he could do, but now is the caretaker while they step up finding a replacement. Apparently interviews for DoF were all done a bit ago, so if the new DoF is worth their salt then waiting seems good to me. But yes, hopefully it's all about to happen, for the sanity of the fans.

When did the new owners arrive ? - July wasn't it - this has been bubbling under since early sept - I hope it hasn't caught them totally on the hop,

Edited by hippo

There's a lot of questions, but little answers, the one thing that is certain is that Bruce is a dead man walking. I think the owners may sack him Monday and put in a caretaker until the DOF is appointed, and a search for a new manager completed.

28 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Go get Rodgers and be done with it. Should be gettable with Celtic not in CL. 

Would probably be my choice too, out of all in any way realistic options. He’s a Brentian cock, but at least he’s got half a football brain. 

Either him, or someone completely left field with a big sack of balls and a relentless attitude. 

I can't see us getting Rodgers. Celtic is a cushy number, why leave there to face enormous pressure here?

Also his massive ego wouldnt allow him to manage a Championship club.

My money is on Fat Sam.

1 minute ago, jim said:

I can't see us getting Rodgers. Celtic is a cushy number, why leave there to face enormous pressure here?

Also his massive ego wouldnt allow him to manage a Championship club.

My money is on Fat Sam.

Mine isnt they will go for someone youbger. We dont have the money to poach someone from another club. Thats why i asked earlier who are available without clubs? Can't think of many.

Id prefer terry over Henry tbh 

Edited by Demitri_C

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

There was similar analysis done during the world cup.

Off topic but I find it hilarious that people moan about VAR taking time (when it's to decide on serious, game changing decisions) when stuff like free kicks take up 12-15 minutes a game.

• Like 1

It would be a bit crap for Rodgers to walk out on his club at this point in a season, so it is for that reason I don't see him coming in mid-season. I think he would come next summer if it were on the cards.

We need somebody progressive. Somebody who has an attacking philosophy because it's our strong suit right now in terms of squad balance and the only way we can proceed. Fans will accept the odd defeat if we're trying to win. We need somebody who works hard, not rely on poor quality coaches to do their work for them. I mean, Bruce literally does nothing except oversee a disparate group of players go through the motions twice a week. Bruce's philosophy could be summed up emptying a 24 piece jigsaw onto a table and watch it assemble itself.

Rodgers would be a good choice, but anybody who can play football the right way and build something meaningful. Something connected and thought out. It isn't rocket science. No more chancers and dinosaur figureheads from yesteryear. It doesn't work anymore.

Whoever does come will have the biggest and best club in the division, with potentially the best attacking players and a realistic chance of establishing themselves in the Premier League with lavish resources. Should be tempting enough.

• Like 4

Big Fat Sam would probably get us promoted , but it will be painful to watch and will probably involve signing Kevin Nolan in Jan

I'd like to see us find the next Eddie Howe type manager  , which is obviously easier said than done  ... the Henry rumours back in the summer kind of appealed , but he's a huge gamble and would only be keeping the seat warm until he goes to Arsenal in a few years time , assuming Arteta doesn't get it first !!

Rodgers I've never really warmed to , winning trophies for Celtic in a one horse race doens't really impress me .....  and I'm not sure he would be the man to lift our club

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the Henry rumours back in the summer kind of appealed , but he's a huge gamble and would only be keeping the seat warm until he goes to Arsenal in a few years time , assuming Arteta doesn't get it first !!

Henry would only get the Arsenal job if he was a huge success at Villa.   

In which case, i'll take a successful Henry for the next 3 years.

Edited by ender4