New Manager Speculation

maqroll

51 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I want Bruce out as soon as possible.

However my question is.

If we appoint a new manager say next week, what expectations should we have?

Especially when with Chester banned for 3 matches?

Well i hope it's not too much to ask but...

I'd expect us to be able to beat a team at home who are rock bottom of the championship and have only won 1 game all season and have a -10 GD.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Well i hope it's not too much to ask but...

I'd expect us to be able to beat a team at home who are rock bottom of the championship and have only won 1 game all season and have a -10 GD.

I think you’ll find that to be exactly the kind of ridiculous level of expectation that Steve Bruce has been talking about. #4times. 

• Like 1

So we are according to recent reports about £2mill off FFP limits next Spring, and will need to find a way of affording this season's losses. I get the feeling we will sell Jack in January, and give whoever comes in some freedom in the following summer - if Jack goes for £30mill (yes this is pos IMHO) then we may have a few quid over, plus an allowable loss of £13 mill next season. I reckon next summer will be heavily focused on bringing in players on smart deals like Wolves did,  and so I am pretty sure the next manager will be a Mendes-esque effort and they will have all the tools they need.

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So we are according to recent reports about £2mill off FFP limits next Spring, and will need to find a way of affording this season's losses. I get the feeling we will sell Jack in January, and give whoever comes in some freedom in the following summer - if Jack goes for £30mill (yes this is pos IMHO) then we may have a few quid over, plus an allowable loss of £13 mill next season. I reckon next summer will be heavily focused on bringing in players on smart deals like Wolves did,  and so I am pretty sure the next manager will be a Mendes-esque effort and they will have all the tools they need.

Hell of a lot of assumptions in there.

Weve reached the midnight hour - every hour of inactivity from our board smaks of them not knowing what to do ......

Forgive me, I have not read all the pages of this thread, but can you all tell me if Carlos Carvalhal is a bad shout ..... I heard an interview with him recently, liked what he had to say.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

every hour of inactivity from our board smaks of them not knowing what to do ......

I get the impatience, but these guys have literally just arrived, are taking their time to get the right DoF and will act accordingly soon - another assumption but I suppose it depends on how you're reading events.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I get the impatience, but these guys have literally just arrived, are taking their time to get the right DoF and will act accordingly soon - another assumption but I suppose it depends on how you're reading events.

Right so if we take another 3 weeks to get the DOF in - thats skips the international break - which would be a good time for the new manager to get acclimatised.

Then 3 weeks in - who does he choose - that we can't choose now ?  

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they will go for a young type manager to furfill the new owners ambitious. I wouldn't be suprised if they did now go for Henry 

Now is not the time for a green manager. Time for that was the start of the season!

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Right so if we take another 3 weeks to get the DOF in - thats skips the international break - which would be a good time for the new manager to get acclimatised.

Then 3 weeks in - who does he choose - that we can't choose now ?  

I don't think it's that linear - my assumption is that the DoF will find the manager - this may all be in place, it may not - but Edens said things won't happen overnight.