Match Thread: Hull v Villa

limpid

Just now, andym said:

**** it up again. Hull are a side that let in 3 against Blues last time out,  are not even trying to get in our faces, and their fans are booing them everytime they pass it backwards. 

How many tough saves has their keeper made?

We're a joke, play like a team of strangers, no quality, no identity, appalling.

• Like 1

Must be watching a different game because to me it looks like we are on top and would be ahead if we had made any/better connections on a few dangerous balls in, snoddys delivery in particular causing them problems.

Obvious concern is that they are better in the second half.

Really disappointing. They are evidently a poor side, they have evident weakness and seem scared to attack us. Yet we can't do anything meaningful with all the extra quality we have.

Adomah has been dreadful when he has touched the ball, despite making a few intelligent runs. Snodgrass seems to be missing Elmo although Tuanxebe has been better then I expected. Grealish again has looked like the one to make something happen but he has mainly touched the ball too deep.

I don't see what Jedinak offers and Lansbury is just chasing shadows. I don't see why we can't bring on another striker...

I would not be surprised despite their lack of ambition going forward that they pinch one with Hernandez who has real quality, and if that happens it's all we deserve. Regardless of what we get tonight the last few weeks have proved why we are a top 6 side and not a top 2 side.

one problem we have is a right footed Hutton playing on the left, Tuanzebe who doesn’t look like he can cross a ball, and two heavily right footed central midfielders. It’s coming back inside to Snodgrass, who lays it off to Lansbury, who shifts it left to Jedinak, who shifts it left to Hutton, who cuts back inside again.

Are we playing with lead in our boots.....we can't get away from anybody and when we do the decision making off the ball is poor.

they don't look like a promotion team on this showing.

we need to get snappier in everything we do.

The engine room looks disjointed to me.....needs galvanising.

Edited by TRO

Just now, PieFacE said:

What?

I thought we've played quite well and been a bit unlucky here. Surprised at the reaction here.

They’ve been solid but blunt. Think there will always be frustration when we aren’t leading and the hyperbole comes out full force.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

What?

I thought we've played quite well and been a bit unlucky here. Surprised at the reaction here.

We look comfortably the better team , just lack that clinical finish . 

Just now, PieFacE said:

What?

Totally agree with you. We should have had a couple, Dawson has been fantastic for them but I imagine we will score a couple this second half. 

Powder puff up front from us. 

Why is it that no matter who we play, top of the table it near the bottom, teams are always able to play it out from the back easily against us, whereas we are unable to find anybody even with the second pass and end up hoofing it forwards. Also the opposition are always the first to end the head tennis and bring the ball down.