Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On 24/04/2018 at 14:47, Stevo985 said:

Said similar myself.

I wouldn't be dead against Johnstone. But there were rumours linking him with Spurs to be their number 2. If Vorm came the other way then that would be a good result for us imo.

While that's not a bad idea in principle, I think the Vorm turned (sorry) when he left a first team position in a premier outfit and was happy to be backup with no hope of playing. I'd be a bit wary of that sort of mentality in a player. I'd take Johnstone over him any day, failing that I'd try and go for the young Leeds keeper. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 12:47, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't be dead against Johnstone. But there were rumours linking him with Spurs to be their number 2. 

Sitting on the bench as a number two could be the end of him as keeper. He has shown in the last ~18 months with us that he needs games to improve.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sitting on the bench as a number two could be the end of him as keeper. He has shown in the last ~18 months with us that he needs games to improve.

Meh, that's his problem not ours.

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Meh, that's his problem not ours.

He won't go there just to sit on their bench, he could stay at Man Utd and do that. I think he's good in The Championship but I'm not convinced he's Premier League quality currently but I think he will improve over the next few years, 25 years old is still young for a keeper

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be unpopular opinion, but I felt this was also the exact case with Gollini, and we OWNED him. :/

I thought there was potential with him too, I think it was just the wrong time for him to join us. 

Also is it true he didn't speak any English? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

This summers transfer window will be ridiculous. Season finishes 26th May (hopefully), World Cup, them window closes before the new season starts. If we get promoted it doesn’t leave much time to manoeuvre!

If you believe Wyness, they have been planning for both scenarios (Premier League or Championship) for the past few months. It shouldn’t be a problem.

11 minutes ago, thejoker said:

If you believe Wyness, they have been planning for both scenarios (Premier League or Championship) for the past few months. It shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s all well and good planning, but the timescales are the issue, not so much not knowing what division we will be in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I thought there was potential with him too, I think it was just the wrong time for him to join us. 

I don't think it's possible to spend two years as a teenager playing football at a professional club in another European country and fail to learn at least the basics of the local language.

Yes, I know, someone will point out that the local area was Manchester....

9 hours ago, TB said:

I don't think it's possible to spend two years as a teenager playing football at a professional club in another European country and fail to learn at least the basics of the local language.

Yes, I know, someone will point out that the local area was Manchester....

I've been living and working in Korea for 7 months. I know "hello", "thank you" and "beer". Learning a language takes effort (I obviously haven't made any) so it's perfectly possible that he spent two years in Manchester without learning anything. I've no idea if that is the case for him, chances are he learnt something, but no guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Worth trying to get Paddy McNair from Sunderland? United pedigree, only 22.

I'd be wary of bringing in anyone from Sunderland. We spent ages trying to rid our club of the same negativity that must be effecting everyone at Sunderland.

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

Worth trying to get Paddy McNair from Sunderland? United pedigree, only 22.

No and "United Pedigree" is utterly meaningless. Look how much absolute drivel has been bought by clubs down through the years based on the fact that they played for man utd. so they must be good. A certain thieving Djemba Djemba springs to mind. 

13 hours ago, dounavilla said:

No. He spoke perfect English.

I made a lengthy post about Gollini in his thread and why I'd had a change in heart about the way he left us. Essentially he said he left because we didn't have an Italian Goalkeeping coach. Which sounds stupid, but actually might not be...

I'll find it and post a link.

Edit: Here it is

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

I've been living and working in Korea for 7 months. I know "hello", "thank you" and "beer". Learning a language takes effort (I obviously haven't made any) so it's perfectly possible that he spent two years in Manchester without learning anything. I've no idea if that is the case for him, chances are he learnt something, but no guarantees.

I did the same, not only in Korea, but in China and Vietnam as well. It is possible to avoid learning almost anything if you put no effort in. 

• Haha 2

맥주 주세요.  All you need.  Whereabouts you living mate?
  • Like 1

It's not the case for him. He's fluent.

• Like 1

Â