Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

About time! We tried Bruce's way and it failed, leaving us a in financial turmoil. It's about time we were smart in the transfer market as our 12 year old policy of buying high and selling low really doesn't cut it! The whole of scouting and recruitment  needs an overhaul and a new, smarter way of operating. 

That 2.5 million net spend... I also highly doubt he was given free reign on transfers anyway. Totally agree with the overhaul though our recruitment has been terrible for years 

• Like 1

we need what i see, to buy or loan in these area hope we sort it before season start, if all these sort address that i would felt villa could go promotion by top or runner up, also play off (which i don't want see that). sorry if it is sound like negitive, and i just tell my honestly option about it.

CENTRE HALF: (HIGH-URGENT)
one Centre half, we need to got one more Experience rather play Jedinik in this roles i been mention about it in Jedinik thread.. Chester and Elphick is first choice partner for me, yet not other centre half experience in this area , yet I don't think Bruce want play Elphick, as he seem like play jedinik over him, which mistake, so it is seem like High Urgenty to sort this problem.. if we didn't sort centre half that i will not felt villa will do well this season, possible WORST that last season even our midfield and forward is can challenge top 6. Suiliman and Bedeadu is good partner as young and bright future yet we are need got good back up experience or first choice centre half to partner with chester. 

Chester was offer contract to stay there, if he is left it is will become BIG and NIGHTMARE problem, and TRULY MESS in centre half area

WINGER: (Very Urgent)
Two left foot winger Required; (Snodgrass will good buy) and one more as we got no left foot winger at club.Snograss will back in right side roles cut in and left side winger.
Amobah and Green is Right Foot Winger. i see way Green good at Right side Winger (he is stuggle at cut in) and Amobah for Left Side winger and cut in and he can Right Side Winger.

Amobah and Snograss is First choice and Green is good rotation and challenge them, we would need left foot winger.. @sir_gary_cahill is there any left foot winger in our youth team, and is he ready for first team? 

LEFT BACK: (Urgent)
One left back Required: Neil Taylor, he is quiet good left back but we need new who can good at Cross in Deep and support Left Winger, Capacity Defend his own without winger support, not afraid to do Overlap.

CENTRE MIDFIELD: (Semi-Urgent)
1 Centre Midfield Require: I don't think we need it, but if we go find replace both Whelan and maybe Jedinik would boost the Centre midfield to challenge and good replace for one of them, as Brajnasson and Houricane is first choice partner for me imo. question is Bruce will do it? no that i cant see Whelan play regular as bruce prefer him over Brajnasson and maybe Jedinik too.
with ACM Roles (or free roles Centre midfield) Grealish to control in creative in centre. i don't think we need ACM because Lansbury (I would try sell him if he stay so it is fine) and O'hare (Prefer him as second choice after Grealish), if we sold Grealish that we need find ACM.

STRIKER: (Semi-Urgent)
One Striker Required: Kodjia I like him, Very Good Striker but only problem if we need play as team; he will destory our tempo and position as he is indivival mind, yet he can play as team and he can make goal from no-where and pop in box to threat but Near all time he throw away or give away easy cut in chance by roll other player, he alway neglicated this option to keep himself for his glory, I was hard decide if we should sold him for buy new striker or keep him as he is actually VERY good player would hard to replace him. also Hogan, I am rate him high but he don't fix Bruce System, and he got ability to drop deep to support midfield to build up to attack, and poacher goal if we play low cross to box he pop running to suspire centre half by ghost running but i don't see his style in effect, i think because we don't play his strenght, if Bruce stay he is first person should sold, It is sad i know. Kodjia and Davis is better chance to fix Bruce style, might we need find replace what we lose in Grabbon. 

Problem forward it is our Injury: Striker which to force become this as Urgent.

Goalkeeper: (Semi-Urgent)
One Goalkeeper Required: I know we just sign loan Moreira Goalkeeper, I'm not sure about him as never see him player, judge on youtube he is bit same Gollini, might i'm wrong... reason i mention this as I don't see Steer as number 1 as I don't rate him as number 1 goalkeeper even he is okay-ish goalkeeper. and Sarkic, I does rate him high than Steer but he is bit too young and not want put put high of Pressure on him as number 1, he need loan to play first team regular before challenge number 1 goalkeeper. 

RIGHT BACK: (not urgent)
One right back Required: personally; First Choice: A.Hutton in Right Back: I would sell Elmo for replace better full back, no offence to Elmo he good attack full back and good support to winger but he hopeless in Right Back, he don't good at defence, which i prefer J.Bree over Elmo in Full back, but J.Bree I think he is good future right back but not for now so need sent him loan to play regular to developed his experience. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Unfortuntaly we do... it's looking likely that we will go into the first game of the season without a striker unless Kodjia is fit. If we can get someone in on loan (Abraham would be fantastic...) then we will be all set.

You only have to look at the difference that Mitrovic provided for Fulham to see the importance of a goal scoring striker.

Bruce said Kodjia should be fit for first game. I'm just not sure how worth it is getting a half-decent stopgap in for short term. Unless it is somebody really good. We won't be getting Abraham surely with him playing in Prem last season.

9 minutes ago, macandally said:

Snodgrass at 32 On £60k a week or 3 or 4 younger, hungrier and more importantly, faster players on £15k/£20k a week.

I know where I would spend my money!

Question is, do these younger players have snodgrass’s ability let alone experience? 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Question is, do these younger players have snodgrass’s ability let alone experience? 

It’s that type of thinking that is loading us up with 30 somethings, stopping us having a longer term plan  and holding back the development of our u23s.

Yes those players are out there, they may not have the experience but do not under estimate hunger.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good post Danny, I think Luke Ige plays there, he’s good, I’ve only seen him a handful of times but he’s good

sound good, I hopefully heard more about Luke Ige in future as i like see our youth into regular first team.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

sound in

sound good, I hopefully heard more about Luke Ige in future as i like see our youth into regular first team.

I don’t want to put too much pressure on him like I have with others on here in the past

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Shows the mess we were in that we had an embargo. In terms of the deal itself can’t say I’ve seen too much of him but Liverpool won’t sell him so we are essentially developing him for them.. still, we need players so..

Edited by dudevillaisnice

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So tired of seeing this absolute tripe of a false narrative.

If Real Madrid now give a new manager 101 million to spend, and he finishes 5th.

He will have done a great job on a shoestring budget since they got 100 mill for Ronaldo and net spend was 1 mill yeah?

Works in that example.  Not so much when the overall spend wasn't 100 million quid.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So tired of seeing this absolute tripe of a false narrative.

If Real Madrid now give a new manager 101 million to spend, and he finishes 5th.

He will have done a great job on a shoestring budget since they got 100 mill for Ronaldo and net spend was 1 mill yeah?

This is a false narrative even more than the false narrative you're decrying. Real Madrid's team is full of insanely expensive players in every position. The last time they finished out of the top 3 was about fifteen years ago (and it was 4th)—therefore, they as a squad are pretty consistently up to scratch to perform in the league they're in. They're also pretty much the richest club in the world and have no need whatsoever to reduce their wagebill as they can afford whatever they like. They've supposedly got loads of weird deals that help them out financially—as in they are hugely in debt but it doesn't matter because they're a rich man's cheat of a club anyway. 

Before last season, we were certainly not a well balanced squad with a load of superstars in every single position. We'd also been on a consistently downward spiral for about seven years. I think we finished 13th the season before, not 3rd like Real this season.

So there's a massive difference to selling one megastar for nearly £100million from a team of superstars, and us, who needed the whole squad gutting out from top to bottom and so on.

Maybe you're saying we've invested loads and so the players we sold held their value through their replacements, but the whole thing falls down when you see we were one of the most embarrassing clubs in the world for about three years beforehand. And also that about £30million of our expensive squad is the likes of RMC, Tshibola, Gollini and yes Hogan.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

That 2.5 million net spend..

It's the wages that is the issue. When you buy experienced ex Premier league players you end up paying Premier league wages.Net spend could be zero, but if the players coming in are on a higher salary then those going out, you get into problems like we did. Plus we are currently paying lansbury, bree and hogan £25k+ per week to sit on the bench every game,which is not an efficient use of resources. 

Edited by Made In Aston

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's the wages that is the issue. When you buy experienced ex Premier league players you end up paying Premier league wages. Plus we are currently paying lansbury, bree and hogan £25k+ per week to sit on the bench every game. 

Yes, wasn't it the wages that were causing Tony to have to bail us out with £4m a month to keep us going?  To be fair to Bruce the people above him would have had to sanction it, but then I guess they were expecting him to get us promoted too.

Â