Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Hate to steal your thunder @Eastie bit I’ve just checked my weather app and it says no more snow forecast until tonight. Gives it a chance I guess. 

I’ve just been out and roads are still  poor condition - the avatar is back hence you are now in charge ;)

Either wat a decision will  be made by 10am I imagine at latest .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Maybe it's because I'm a middle-aged man but I'm struggling to understand the grave safety concerns in going to watch a football match in the snow.

Put your long-johns on, stick a flask of bovril in your pocket and hop on the bus.

Let there be football. 

Do you still like Alf garnett too?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Maybe it's because I'm a middle-aged man but I'm struggling to understand the grave safety concerns in going to watch a football match in the snow.

Put your long-johns on, stick a flask of bovril in your pocket and hop on the bus.

Let there be football. 

Yeah tough shit  to all those fans who have paid and can’t get there - NOT!

lets have 30000 people heading to a snow hit area where the roads are dodgy and bugger the consequences.

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We do seem to over fuss in this country. Go back a few years, and we wouldn't even be talking about it being postponed. Get the game on, and let's get 3 points. 

Times have changed rightly or wrongly .

safety is now a far bigger concern than it once was.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Times have changed rightly or wrongly .

safety is now a far bigger concern than it once was.

No one's forced to go. If you have safety concerns about going out in the snow you can always stay at home.

2 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

No one's forced to go. If you have safety concerns about going out in the snow you can always stay at home.

Police will have the final say not the referee - those days are long done . 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think they should play it. Like sausage and gravy said, if people have concerns, then don't go. 3 points is the most important thing today. Come on villa. 

I think the most important thing is safety personally , I disagree with sausage and mash . 

Ps - and I’d rather have Grealish fit ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’ve just been out and roads are still  poor condition - the avatar is back hence you are now in charge ;)

Either wat a decision will  be made by 10am I imagine at latest .

Not sure I can handle the pressure. I’ll do it as long as I’m assisted by Lucy Verasamy...

I agree on the early decision tho, they need to let people know early enough to not buggar up the whole day by starting to travel etc. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's off then by the sound of it. 

It will be , hardly a surprise , common sense prevails .

most of the rearranged games called off seem to be going March 13 as there are only 2 midweek slots remaining free this season .

i will miss it if so as having total knee replacement next morning .

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Are Sunderland going ahead do we know?

I appreciate theyre poor, but if we get a rest today ahead of Tuesday then all the better.

As it stands yes - this game at millwall still on .

• Haha 1