Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

4 minutes ago, Hanky said:

It’s also on the TV. We’re probably 20 mins from ground and have no chance of getting there currently. 

And It will freeze overnight In subzero temperatures . 

Let's remember the cautionary tale of 1962-63 when a decision to play a game in bad weather resulted in pitch damage and fixture issues and ended up in an 11 game losing streak and eventually a spiral down into relegation.

Hopefully the club management have learned from the lessons of the past and don't replay this mistake again!

• Haha 1

Aston expressway now closed as several vehicles stuck in snow and still it’s like a blizzard out there - several hours more to come .

The A38 Aston Expressway has been closed as police deal with a number of stuck motorists

This was taken by the Central Motorway Police Group who wish people had listened to warnings not to drive unless necessary. 

This is one if the city’s busiest roads on a normal day.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/snow-birmingham-weather-roads-live-14352319#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Seeing the boro game now makes me think.it will stay on

Boro had 48 hours to clear the snow - villa won’t even have 2 hours .

safety of those attending and travelling must come before football.

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Has there been no further snow up there then?

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

You know what Bill Shankley once said....

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death, I assure you it's much more serious than that. 

Get the game on, and let's get the 3 points. 

I’m aware of shanks words , I’m old enough to have been around in his pomp ;)

‘I preferred his quote -

A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing 

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/03/bill-shankly-quotes.html

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

The club are still giving off the vibe that’s it all going ahead. The part of the pride stuff, the form guide tweets etc.

I know there’s an element of being seen to maintain a positive outlook on it, but I don’t really see much point in sending out this sort of stuff at the end of Friday when it’s so uncertain.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Didn't we try and get him at the villa once? Think we did, but he weren't interested. 

Clough wanted it but Ellis said only one boss at villa and wouldn’t approach him - never heard about shanks wanting it . 

Clough actually said he would not only get villa up but win the league , strangely the man we went for Ron Saunders did the same thing ;)

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

Clough wanted it but Ellis said only one boss at villa and wouldn’t approach him - never heard about shanks wanting it . 

I know clough was close. I think I read it the other day in one of my villa books I was browsing through. He was approached, but he didn't give us a second thought. 

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The club are still giving off the vibe that’s it all going ahead. The part of the pride stuff, the form guide tweets etc.

I know there’s an element of being seen to maintain a positive outlook on it, but I don’t really see much point in sending out this sort of stuff at the end of Friday when it’s so uncertain.

Probably Wyness is snowed in at villa park and hammering the pukka pies ;)

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I know clough was close. I think I read it the other day in one of my villa books I was browsing through. He was approached, but he didn't give us a second thought. 

Not surprised considering what he built at Liverpool.