• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Grabben (Hogan 79)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 84)
    • Whelan (Adomah 89)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/18 at 15:00

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

You're right.  I misread a cup match in that run.

I should give up on these stats - I always balls them up! :crylaugh:

In fact we did 7 in a row in both seasons - in 1981 we nearly did it twice

First time the wins were sandwiched either side of a 3-3 draw with Utd - second time - it WAS actually 7 wins in a  row - ended by another 3-3 draw with Utd

the 1989 run was ended by a  0-3 home defeat against Wimbledon. FFS

NOW - have we ever gone 8 in a row ?? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Best performance of the season for me.

We played with tempo, precision, flair, defence were solid, midfield bossed the game, the attacking was so fluid and the energy put in was insane you could tell the players wanted to do it for the manager.

I actually have to say blues defended very very well, the way we were playing would of blew most championship sides away by half time! We had to keep going and going to open them up it took two great strikes to beat them, no chance will they go down in all honesty.

What a day! That was the complete performance for me! 

I believe we are going up after that today! 

• Like 1

Even watching on the other side of the world these games are normally nerve-wracking, soul crushing battles with little to none genuine football being played, but that was completely different and one of the most enjoyable Villa performances to watch, let alone a Second City Derby.

The squad looks like a tight knit group who are really enjoyable their football and it is showing on the pitch. It's honestly hard to fault any of them currently.

And how about Grealish!!! Let's hope we are watching Super Jack running the midfield in claret and blue for years and years to come. UTV

• Like 3

So many great moments in that match and just wanted to point out one that most probably overlooked but was pumped when I saw Snoddy jump straight into Davis when he pulled down Jack in the second half...  Pretty much ripped into him and let him know that we're in it together... Showed character, leadership and togetherness sticking up for his younger teammate, loved it!  Sign him up

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I can cfm that we have actually gone NINE in a row - while the Kaiser was on the throne of course 

1910/11

Pe6xuzx.jpg

OMG. I actually recognise all the club names there, despite the fact that that was 100 years ago.

This is what makes English football unique in this world.

The history of football clubs here is probably longer than most countries (in current forms) in this world. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

OMG. I actually recognise all the club names there, despite the fact that that was 100 years ago.

This is what makes English football unique in this world.

The history of football clubs here is probably longer than most countries (in current forms) in this world. 

It's pretty surreal isn't it to see a whole host of recognisable team names 108 years ago. 

It still blows my mind that Aston Villa were founded in 1874 (143 years ago) and that we won our first league title in 1893/94 while America was still in its Wild West period.

I love the English Football League I really do. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I can cfm that we have actually gone NINE in a row - while the Kaiser was on the throne of course 

1910/11

Pe6xuzx.jpg

The 71 year wait for a title that ended in '81 started that year. Imagine telling a Villa fan that after the Notts County game.

12 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

1910/11

Pe6xuzx.jpg

That was some strike force - Joe Bache, Joe Walters and Harry Hampton ripping it up in front of goal. Nice that they let Wallace take penalties. 

(In before the Mooney jokes: no, I didn't go to those games...)  :D

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

That was some strike force - Joe Bache, Joe Walters and Harry Hampton ripping it up in front of goal. Nice that they let Wallace take penalties. 

(In before the Mooney jokes: no, I didn't go to those games...)  :D

Why? Were you working those weekends?

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Skills said:

So many great moments in that match and just wanted to point out one that most probably overlooked but was pumped when I saw Snoddy jump straight into Davis when he pulled down Jack in the second half...  Pretty much ripped into him and let him know that we're in it together... Showed character, leadership and togetherness sticking up for his younger teammate, loved it!  Sign him up

I noticed that as well, but at the time was worried that Snodgrass might have taken it too far and got himself a silly booking.  Thankfully he didn't.

Â