• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Grabben (Hogan 79)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 84)
    • Whelan (Adomah 89)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/18 at 15:00

Bloody power went out at end of first half. So had to FaceTime my cousin who put his iPad in front of tv for second half. Things we do for football!!

The lads wanted that one. They should have finished with 9 men on th pitch. Brother in law is a nose and said 2-0 flattered us! That’s when I knew we were good value for our win!!

• Haha 1

Was worried about today but need not have been.... today's performance screamed professionalism. The management team are responsible for that, as well as some of the more experienced players who have taken players like Grealish and Hogan, who have had their struggles (injuries, form) and helped them through it and coming out the other side smelling of roses.

We look an extremely well oiled machine now. 

• Like 1

It's kind of weird that a dominant victory over them has come almost as a surprise. 

I think with all the talk of can our run continue, they've won a few themselves and that it's a derby,  we somehow lost the fact that we are massively superior to them in every position on the pitch. What happened today is something which absolutely SHOULD have happened. Glad the boys realised that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wolf man said:

No problem , difference is we've been inform all season going on your standards :) ! Bruce deserved that win today  for what he's had to go through this week . Look forward to our 3 points in march ! Mind the gap 

Yes you have been in form most of the season and in all probability, you should win it.

but to be fair, you have also had a number of years in this division to acclimatise....but lets hope you can help us by beating teams below us....like Derby, Fulham and Cardiff.

see you at villa park:)

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

what a day!

Bruce has finally won me over :blush:

It always comes to those that wait.....If everbody gets behind him as well as the team, we will be even more invincible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Brucie 100% today no doubt. Dare I say be ashame to lose him if/when we go up now?

If we keep this up.....he will be going nowhere.:)

• Like 1

Massive massive win today and never sweeter than when it comes against our Villa-obsessed neighbours from over the road. I was nervous in the build up to this game, for a few days prior truth be told. My nerves stemmed from the fact that I knew it was imperative we kept pace with Derby (and Cardiff) and after yesterday's results for the teams around us I was even more nervous as we had the opportunity to exploit other teams' results and get up into second place. Derbies against blues always have me on edge and feeling very tense, but at the back of my mind I couldn't shake the fact that we've looked very good lately and that in blues' last game where they comfortably beat Sheff Weds their goals were all absolute gifts. I always felt that so long as we kept our head, played the game and not the occasion and played positively then we had a chance. And that's what we did. Changing a winning team after six wins on the bounce was very brave but also very sensible. I'm all for keeping players on good merit and although Thor could feel a tad unlucky to have been dropped its a team game and it was a great decision by Bruce to throw Jedinak in. We were, bar Terry's slip, largely solid at the back and we drove forward in packs, led by Grealish who is consistently demonstrating his absolute class in every game he plays for us. My most pleasing part of today's performance was how much energy we had throughout, in chasing Blues down at all opportunities as well as players such as Hogan, Grealish and Hourihane all tracking back if they lost possession. I actually thought Adomah and Hourihane weren't having great games up until they both scored a couple of great goals. But as a team we all performed very very well. Birmingham, to their credit, made it difficult for us and defended well. But we dominated possession and deserved the win. I was pleased to see the likes of Jota and Adams on the bench rather than the starting line up as they're decent players. But blues couldn't handle us today. Hogan did an excellent job up top in an isolated role and you can just see how much his confidence and happiness is growing each game. He was unlucky not to score today but hounded their back line with his constant chasing down and pressure. We forced mistakes on the opposition through our great pressure and it's great to see.

The game was an excellent display, the belief in our team is very high and the crowd were absolutely amazing today. A full Villa Park in full voice in the sunshine really takes some beating. We need to push on and try and stay in second place. It will be incredibly tough but we have a great balance across our squad so we need to keep doing what we're doing. 

Today was an extremely great win and one which we all agree is what our manager deserves after what must have been a horrendous past week. We are together as one and will stick together in our quest to take us back to where we belong. Another very tough game next week but the confidence is high and long may that continue.

Up the Villa. The pride of brum.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 4

Â