The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

No VAR at our game on Friday despite it being all Prem

very dodgy imo

I think this is just for the league cup semis The EFL have admitted it wasn't fair to have it for Prem clubs and not for lower league clubs, so have done away with it for the rest of the League cup.. Our game the FA cup shouldn't be effected.

Edited by foreveryoung

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think this is just for the league cup semis The EFL have admitted it wasn't fair to have it for Prem clubs and not for lower league clubs, so have done away with it for the rest of the League cup.. Our game the FA cup shouldn't be effected.

Nope 

https://t.co/DOwXixcXGT

every other game with a PL team at home has VAR apart from ours 

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Good. Hate VAR. 

It’s a massive disadvantage for us with the way we play. Even the players have said it. 

Fortunately I think it’s an error and we will have VAR on Friday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s a massive disadvantage for us with the way we play. Even the players have said it. 

Fortunately I think it’s an error and we will have VAR on Friday

Surely it is an error on that website - perhaps they were awaiting confirmation of the VAR personnel?

It was my understanding that all FA Cup games played at current Premier League grounds would feature full VAR coverage. Why would Stamford Bridge be any different this Friday evening?

38 minutes ago, brommy said:

Surely it is an error on that website - perhaps they were awaiting confirmation of the VAR personnel?

It was my understanding that all FA Cup games played at current Premier League grounds would feature full VAR coverage. Why would Stamford Bridge be any different this Friday evening?

Its updated now to Simon Hooper on VAR 

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2024 at 18:41, foreveryoung said:

Is the Toney moving the ball incident not proof of VAR not consentrating on the game. Surely they would have advised the ref, Toney moved the ball if they had seen it. Yes other teams do it, but not generally to the extent Toney did it, he actually moves it twice. If VAR saw the incident I would have expected them to advise and the goal not to be given.

They were not allowed to intervene

Nottingham Forest have been informed by the referees' organisation that the video assistant referee did not have the power to rule out Brentford's disputed equaliser on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68085491

1 minute ago, a-k said:

They were not allowed to intervene

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68085491

Yeah I know this. But it must be worded wrong, as VAR have no power to rule out anything, they can only advise the ref and then he makes the decision. This is where VAR is going worng

VAR should be able to advise on everything, saying they couldn't even mention it to the ref, is just get out of jail free card, load of bollecks really

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah I know this. But it must be worded wrong, as VAR have no power to rule out anything, they can only advise the ref and then he makes the decision. This is where VAR is going worng

VAR should be able to advise on everything, saying they couldn't even mention it to the ref, is just get out of jail free card, load of bollecks really

I think they are so worried about what they "can" and "can't" do that they lose common sense about what they are supposed to be there for in the first place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villan95 said:

The details behind this are absolutely insane. 

Genk scored in the first half from a rebound off a penalty. It was ruled out for encroaching the penalty area. 

They still went on to take the lead, but then conceded two late goals and lost 2-1. 

And it’s getting replayed because of the first goal being ruled out incorrectly. 

Absolute nonsense

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

VAR getting the right decision in the AFCON, but why it took them 5 minutes to decide to then refer it to the ref for what is a very distinctively objective decision, I'm not sure.

It was a foul, he was the last man, it was outside the box.  Red card,  no penalty, takes 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

VAR getting the right decision in the AFCON, but why it took them 5 minutes to decide to then refer it to the ref for what is a very distinctively objective decision, I'm not sure.

It was a foul, he was the last man, it was outside the box.  Red card,  no penalty, takes 10 seconds.

I think its because the ref didn't give a foul. When overturning a grey area decision like a foul, I believe the ref is always asked to go and look. 

But I'm not sure why it took so long for them to instruct him to go and look at it.

• Thanks 1

Â