The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

slide rule football again !!!

where is Giroud trying to seek an advantage

and now we have Gary Neville trying to defend it. He says he just does not get the problem with offside. If its off its off. I get that however when its like some of the goals being disallowed its utter tosh.

players are not trying to seek an advantage with the offside.

its garbage

oh, lets not forget that Willian got booked for diving when it was a clear foul.

VAR not used to check it. It was an obvious mistake from the ref yet its not checked.

Laughable, he gets fouled and get a yellow.

more nonsense

The problem is, and it always has been, is a total lack of accountability.

When the faceless ref at Stockley Park makes these decisions, they close ranks. Kevin Friend made up rules to screw us out of a point at Palace and what happened? Zero.

I'm beginning to smell a conspiracy.

• Like 1

We've asked the Premier League why Kurt Zouma's equaliser was disallowed. If you're just joining us, it was ruled out for a foul on Brandon Williams by Cesar Azpilicueta, but the Chelsea defender appeared to be pushed himself by Fred.

The explanation from Stockley Park is that, in VAR Chris Kavanagh's view, the contact between Fred and Azpilicueta was normal, but Azpilicueta’s push on Williams was different as he put two hands on Williams' back and pushed him, which affected the defender's ability to clear the ball.

from the BBC match report. Making it up as they go along

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/50935984

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

VAR did nothing wrong.

One were a clear foul and the other was a clear offside.

The blatant red on Maguire?

And the 'foul' was a push on Azpuilicueta first which took him into Williams.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Meh. Not enough in it for me.

Looked like he barely touched him.

Can we form an orderly queue to perform the same premeditated action, VT poster of your choice allowed.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said it before, VAR was brought into the Premier League to manipulate results. Its to stop teams like City, Leicester from challenging the "bigger" clubs

I don't think that's really what's happening, but some of the games this season have looked an awful lot like it.

They're ruining the game and I really struggle to want to watch it anymore. They've done what years of watching us be crap couldn't manage.

I dont believe it was malicious, but was as clear a red card as you will see: he lifts his lower leg and pushes it into his crotch in a positive, considered and intended action. For me there is no argument, even if Maguire was one of our players I wouldn't be arguing against a red, given the rules it was stupid of him.

Â