The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Even doping would be nowhere near as big of a big deal as this if it were true.

It's ludicrous.

Really? I think if it finally came out that there was match fixing at the top level I and many others would be thinking 'no shit, sherlock'.

Not saying VAR is the cause of match fixing, but I'm convinced some referees have been on the take for decades. There's too much money at stake, and referees are paid too little in comparison, for there to be any other option than match fixing by referees. Not saying fixing as in specific scores or even results, but little sweeteners for the refs if a few 50/50 calls go the right way... course it happens.

6 minutes ago, blunther said:

Really? I think if it finally came out that there was match fixing at the top level I and many others would be thinking 'no shit, sherlock'.

Not saying VAR is the cause of match fixing, but I'm convinced some referees have been on the take for decades. There's too much money at stake, and referees are paid too little in comparison, for there to be any other option than match fixing by referees. Not saying fixing as in specific scores or even results, but little sweeteners for the refs if a few 50/50 calls go the right way... course it happens.

But the question isn't, "does match fixing exist?". I agree if it came out some matches had been fixed I wouldn't be that surprised.

But that's still miles away from the claim that VAR was specifically brought in to manipulate results in favour of certain teams. That's not a referee on the take. That's people from the very top of the FA, the Premier League, the referees association, numerous clubs, officials, managers maybe players all being involved in large scale, institutionalised match fixing.

It would be Calciopoli on steroids. I don't think it's feasible.

• Like 1

This is broken in its current state. Absolutely no consistency. Chelsea have been screwed in consecutive matches with clear and obvious red cards not being deemed "serious foul play" 

They need to start going to the ******* pitch side monitor.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

VAR ignoring Lo Celso stomping on a Chelsea player, after review, no red :D 

Can only presume the ref doing VAR at stockley park had either gone for a piss or a fag when that decision was made 

Edited by Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

This is broken in its current state. Absolutely no consistency. Chelsea have been screwed in consecutive matches with clear and obvious red cards not being deemed "serious foul play" 

They need to start going to the ******* pitch side monitor.

Yeah that's what I can't understand, if it took about 10 times watching it then why don't they let the onfield ref check it himself to make the final decision?  

Mistake 

11 minutes ago, Hanky said:

They’ve now admitted all Celso should have been sent off. Human error watching the TV.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Stockley Park have just admitted it should have been a red card. WTF?! How did they get that so wrong? 😂

when they mentioned this on the commentary i thought wtf. Then the ex referee comes on and says ''at least they've admitted it''. Like that makes it all right !!!!

I mean what a complete and utter joke.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

The worst of it is, i dont think the powers that be get it !!!!!!

It honestly beggars belief that these are some of the best referees we can come up with. They're far from perfect in other major leagues, but it's hard to argue when Klopp suggests there's a reason English refs weren't represented at the WC. They're a **** joke.

Technology can't fix such blatant incompetence. The PL needs to go on a massive talent recruitment drive, IMO. Bump the salary up significantly so it's much more attractive a career, and try and get some of the best refs available. It's the richest league in the world, there's no reason it shouldn't have the best officials.

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Also, why can't they just send him off now?! 

They can't even act retrospectively after the game as the incident has already been reviewed (by VAR).

Time for another arbitrary rule change.

Â